Providence is calling a Full Time, Night Shift Registered Nurse (RN) to the Womens Health Department to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance in Torrance, CA.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse who will provide professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment. Accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan. Practice in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the state of employment, the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics for Nurses, and the ANA scope and standards of practice.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patients’ care. Develop, update and coordinate the patient’s plan of care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes and transitions across the care continuum. Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate. Perform and maintain currency of essential competencies as required by specific area of hire and populations served
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care by partnering in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students; facilitate formal and informal learning for patient/families, nursing, other members of the healthcare team, and community
- Accountable for safety, identify and correct problems, and integrate evidence, and best practice into nursing care; uses data and evidence to improve patient outcomes. Align patient safety, self-safety and environmental safety as equally important for best outcomes
- Engage in ongoing professional development; practice to the top of license within the legal parameters of the Nurse Practice Act, the Nursing Social Policy Statement, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses, and specialty standards. Promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice
- Lead and coordinate teams, appropriately delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge. Model professional behaviors as a representative of the nursing profession
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or higher within 3 years of hire or equivalent educ/experience
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Unencumbered RN license in state(s) of hire, and wherever care is delivered. If RN holds a multi-state license through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) – (BLS Provider) upon hire
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- 1 year acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility
- Proficiency with Information Technology; such as electronic health records, communications systems, computers and equipment necessary to perform essential functions of the position
- Skilled to work with a wide range of staff as part of an interdisciplinary team including physicians, nurses, and ancillary staff
- Ability to use independent, critical judgment in all aspects of patient care delivery
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills that convey a positive and supportive attitude
- Ability to effectively manage multiple responsibilities, urgent responses, and challenging situations
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- National Certification in area of specialty
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is a 436-bed non-profit hospital serving the greater South Bay communities of Los Angeles since 1960. We are proud of our reputation for clinical excellence, use of advanced technology, and a distinct focus on providing care with a personal, healing touch. In addition to the finest general medical, surgical, and critical care services, we offer a number of specialty programs including Cardiovascular Services, Women’s and Children’s Health, Oncology, and Emergency Care.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is the only South Bay area hospital to be named a 100 Top Hospital by Truven Health; a distinction we have held four years in a row. As a recent recipient of the Premier Award for Quality by the Premier healthcare alliance and the American Hospital Association McKesson Quest for Quality, our commitment to outstanding patient care and operational efficiency is clear.
As a member of Providence Health & Services, a Catholic-sponsored healthcare ministry, we believe strongly in respecting the dignity of each person and give special concern to the most vulnerable members of our community.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Nursing - Other
Req ID: 243407