Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) Hospice - After Hours Triage (Per diem/Variable hift) to ProvidenceTrinity Care Hospice based in Torrance, CA.
This position provides coverage 5:00pm-1:30am, and on call 1:30am-8:00am. Must be able to work weekend rotations.
Please upload a current resume reflecting all professional nursing experience.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) - Hospice who will create plan, organize and direct Hospice care and experienced in nursing, with an emphasis on community health education / experience. The Hospice nurse builds from the resources of the Interdisciplinary Group (IDG) to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individuals and families within their home environments. May provide patient care to premature infants, infants, pediatrics, adolescents, young, middle and older adults.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Complete assessment of patient and family to determine Hospice needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es)
- Provide professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of nursing process
- Assess and evaluate patient’s status by:
- Writing and initiating Plan of Care in Collaboration with the IDG
- Regularly reevaluating patient/family/caregiver needs
- Revising the Plan of Care as necessary in collaboration with the IDG
- Initiate the Plan of Care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change in collaboration with the IDG
- Use health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis
- Develop a care plan in conjunction with the patient/family/caregiver and IDG which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions
- Administer medications and treatments as prescribed by the IDG approved Plan of Care
- Counsel the patient and family in meeting nursing and related care needs
- Provide health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan
- Fulfill the obligation of requested and/or accepted case assignments
- Participate in on-call duties as defined by the on-call procedures
- Maintain productivity standards as set by organization guidelines
- Documentation / Information Management:
- Complete, maintain and submit accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding patient’s condition and care given
- Record pain/symptom management changes/outcomes as appropriate
- Communicate with the IDG regarding the patient’s needs and reports changes in the patient’s condition; obtains/receives physicians’ orders
- Communicate with Patient Care Manager to coordinate the care plan, when necessary
- Provide information and counseling to maintain a safe environment for the patient
- Assist the patient/family/caregiver and other team members in providing continuity of care
- Work in cooperation with the family/caregiver and Hospice IDG members to meet the emotional needs of the patient/family/caregiver
- Attend IDG team meetings to review and revise patient Plans of Care
- Submit documentation for the patient medical record within the time frame set by the organization guidelines
- Leadership / Supervision:
- Supervises ancillary personnel and delegates responsibilities when required
- Participates in orientation, education and development of team members as directed by supervisor
- Assume responsibility for personal growth and development and maintains and upgrades professional knowledge and practice skills through attendance and participation in continuing education and in-service classes
- Performance Improvement:
- Actively participates in the Performance Improvement Program and participates in and adheres to the PH&S/TrinityCare Hospice Corporate Integrity Plan
- Participates in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by immediate supervisor
- Accepts personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job-related skills and abilities
- Follows Core Value for being financially prudent
- Ensures that arrangements for medications covered in the Plan of Care, supplies, equipment and other necessary items and services defined in the Plan of Care are available
- Supervisory Authority: Makes recommendations regarding CHHA appraisal and assignment to the Patient Care Manager
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of a Nursing School
- Current RN license in the state of California
- Current BLS certification
- Valid driver's license with an automobile that is in good working order and insured in accordance with state and/or PH&S/TrinityCare Hospice requirements
- Minimum of one (1) year recent experience in hospice, palliative care, home health, acute care &/or skilled nursing
- Computer skills
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing experience in hospice/palliative care or home health
- Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus
About the hospice you will serve.
Providence TrinityCare Hospice, established in 1977, is the oldest and largest non-profit hospice in Southern California and the first to be licensed by the State of California. Caring for people in Los Angeles and Orange Counties with professional teams. Providence TrinityCare Hospice is Medicare Certified and Joint Commission accredited. We also provide the only specialized pediatric hospice service in Los Angeles County.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Hospice Nursing
Req ID: 264752