The Nurse Supervisor is responsible for planning, coordinating, and directing functions within the department of nursing on the weekend, in the evening and night shifts while supporting the mission, vision, values and strategic goals of Methodist Health System.
Your Job Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required.
- Critical Care experience preferred.
- Leadership experience
- 2 years RN hospital nursing experience required
- Current CPR and ACLS certification required.
- Current license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas or eligibility to do so required.
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates a good knowledge base of nursing care and decision making; offers guidance, support and feedback that may influence the clinical care of patients
- Maintains strict confidentiality regarding patient and employee information
- Engages in management activities such as hiring and managing Resource Team/PRN employees.
- Functions as a role model/resource at all times presenting themselves in a professional manner and exhibiting continuous practice of MHS vision and values, and Value Management principles.
- Makes staffing decisions and arranges for coverage of units consistent with guidelines, patient acuity levels, and available resources.
- Notifies Nurse Manager of variances from guidelines.
- Collaborates with bed control to assess overall bed availability to assure appropriate patient placement.
- Counsels personnel and performs disciplinary action in the absence of the manager and director.
- Other duties as assigned.