Covenant Health is seeking a Full time Patient Placement RN Coordinator for Patient Access Department at Covenant Health System.
Functions as a clinical expert to assess and determine the clinical placement needs of the acute care patient. Will assess the clinical status of the patient, determine the type of acute care services needed to provide safe and effective care, assess bed capacity and assign a bed location. If a bed on an appropriate unit is not available to adequately meet the patient's need, the incumbent will implement bed control area protocol. This position works in collaboration with the departments of nursing, medical staff and bed control/admitting. Responsible for the coordination of patient flow, bed facilitation, and census reconciliation by bed control/admitting office staff. Assist in the success of the hospital's strategic objectives and mission as they relate to patient access, growth of the market share, customer satisfaction. Monitor and evaluate patient flow and patient placement considering financial and regulatory issues.
• CLINICAL PRACTICE:
• Assigns patient care bed assignments.
• Supports, implements, and interprets the philosophy, objectives, policies and standards for nursing care of patients and families.
• Appropriately prioritizes and triages patient assignments throughout the hospital.
• PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE:
• Keeps knowledge current regarding trends and developments in nursing theory, practice and administration.
• Participates in and utilizes research pertinent to nursing practice.
• Considers ethical issues with patient care and upholds the Code of Ethics in Nursing Practice.
• ADMINSTRATIVE PRACTICE:
• Supports implementation of the vision, goals and objectives of the Department, Care Centers, and individual patient care units.
• Knowledgeable concerning institutional policies, goals, and philosophy to appropriate personnel.
• Participates in the compliance with regulatory agency standards.
• Collaborate with hospital and physician leadership to define, reduce and eliminate barriers within the system that may impede patient flow and bed assignments.
• Negotiate with MD’s regarding bed assignment.
• Facilitate daily bed briefings and ensure designated participants are compliant with procedures.
• Coordinate bed assignments with the Charge Nurses, Bed Control staff, and Case Management staff.
• Ensure smooth functioning of the bed management process to reduce wait times and avoid unnecessary movement of patients.
• Make timely bed assignments.
• Triage/prioritize admissions from multiple sites; i.e. direct admits, internal transfers, ED, etc.
• Manage complex decisions related to patient placement.
• Match the clinical needs of patients with staff competencies and unit resources to optimize patient placement decisions.
• Ensure the necessary resources are appropriately deployed (i.e. housekeeping) to meet the timely need for bed access especially when there are sudden changes in bed requirements.
• Develop, implement, and monitor trends in patient placement to continually improve the patient placement process and to ensure a smooth bed management process.
• Maintain current knowledge of patient census, direct admits, ED, scheduled patients, transferring and other demands.
• Participates in Bed Tracking Committee.
• Lead performance improvement effort related to patient placement and access in coordination with Director of Nursing and Nurse Manager.
• Actively participate and contribute to organizational initiatives that impact patient flow.
• Ultimate responsibility for bed placement.
• Place urgent (direct admit) and emergency patient into an appropriate inpatient bed consistent with hospital guidelines. Maximize the use of inpatient beds to place patients.
• Display positive customer service behavior in all interactions and promotes the hospital to all customers.
• Communicates the hospital vision and values in interaction with internal and external customers.
• Acts as a spokesperson, role model, and point of contact between all disciplines in assignment of patient beds.
• Take responsibility for identifying the need for self-development.
• Perform unit-rounds to identify free beds, to expedite discharges, and in-house transfers.
• Coordinates census reconciliation with the bed control/admitting office.
• Coordinates transfers with the Covenant Transfer Center to assist in facilitating transfers into the system.
• Communicates with EOC and H.S. at times of disaster to facilitate appropriate bed utilization.
• Communicates with H.S., Directors of Nursing, Senior V.P. of Nursing and AOC regarding situations of saturation and/or possible diversion.
Minimum Position Qualification:
Education: Coursework/Training; Cross-trained with House Supervisor.
Experience: Relevant progressive clinical and administrative experience.
License and Certification: TX State License with current registration.
Preferred Position Qualification:
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
Covenant Health is celebrating nearly 100 years of serving Lubbock and our South Plains region. As the oldest and largest health system in Lubbock and the region, we currently employ over 5,200 people with a medical staff of over 600 physicians.For nearly 100 years, Covenant has been driven by a mission of providing a Christian ministry of healing and caring for the whole person - mind, body and spirit. Our vision and differentiator is we are the only faith-based, integrated health network in the West Texas/eastern New Mexico region dedicated to a Christian ministry of healing.As an expression of our mission, we believe we hold an important Covenant with our patients and try and treat every interaction as Sacred Encounters.Our ministry includes six hospitals with over 1,100 licensed beds: Covenant Medical Center - CMC Covenant Children’s Covenant Specialty Covenant Plainview - PLV Covenant Levelland - LVL Trustpoint (joint venture: Rehab Hospital of Lubbock) Covenant Medical Group (CMG) Covenant Health Partners Hospice of LubbockCovenant Health's total service area includes 25 counties that covers most of West Texas and eastern New Mexico. The service area covers approximately 750,000 people and approximately 35,000 square miles.Covenant / St. Joseph Health (SJH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Covenant / St. Joseph Health (SJH) complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Positions specified as “on call, per diem” refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as “as needed basis” to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Covenant Health