Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) Team Lead (Operating Room, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patients’ care. Develos, update and coordinate the patient’s plan of care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes and transitions across the care continuum. Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate. Perform and maintain currency of essential competencies as required by specific area of hire and populations served.
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care by partnering in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students; facilitates formal and informal learning for patient/families, nursing, other members of the healthcare team, and community. Serve as a clinical and educational resource to the staff in the assigned area. Be a preceptor and mentor for all members of the team and assumes responsibilities of orienting staff.
- Be accountable for safety, identifies and corrects problems, and integrates evidence, and best practice into nursing care; uses data and evidence to improve patient outcomes, processes and the practice setting. Align patient safety, self-safety and environmental safety as equally important for best outcomes.
- Engage in and model ongoing professional development; practices to the top of license within the legal parameters of the Nurse Practice Act, the Nursing Social Policy Statement, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses, and specialty standards. Promotes a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice.
- In a leadership role, leads and coordinates teams, appropriately delegates, coordinates care and collaborates with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge. Models professional behaviors as a representative of the nursing profession.
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire
- Bachelors of Nursing (BSN) or higher required within three (3) years or 20 years of Regisered Nurse (RN) experience
- Unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) license in state(s) of hire, and wherever care is delivered. If RN holds a multistate license through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire
- Active Alaska State RN license
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) – (BLS Provider) upon hire
- One (1) year with like population of hiring unit
- Bachelors of Nursing degree (BSN) upon hire
- National Certification in area of specialty
- ENT experience preferred
About the ministry you will serve:
Providence Health & Services Alaska is among nation’s best employers for healthy lifestyles! The National Business Group on Health, a non-profit association of large U.S. employers, has honored Providence Alaska for its commitment and dedication to promoting a healthy workplace and encouraging our caregivers (employees) and families to support and maintain healthy lifestyles. Mountain-Pacific Quality Health has awarded Providence Alaska Medical Center with its Quality Achievement Award for high-quality care in the areas of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical infection prevention. This is the highest honor awarded by Mountain-Pacific.
As the state’s largest hospital, Providence Alaska Medical Center provides full-service, comprehensive care to all Alaskans, a role unmatched by any other in the state. Within our community, you will find top notch ski resorts, kayaking, and wildlife. Enjoying the outdoors is just one of many reasons to live in and explore Alaska!
Benefits and Retirement:
Do you have questions on how this position may impact your benefits or retirement? AskHR has answers! Contact the HR Service Center at 888-687-3753, submit an AskHR through the HRPortal; https://caregiver.ehr.com at https://caregiver.ehr.com/ or visit the Road2Retirement site; https://road2retirement.org at https://road2retirement.org/ .
Caring for Your Career:
We are delighted that you answered the call to further your career at Providence. As a current caregiver, you have many resources to develop your skills and career such as educational benefits, online training, and professional development events. We encourage you to take advantage of these resources activities so that we can continue to serve our communities together with excellence. Our hope is that you continue to answer the call to our mission-inspired work today and into the future!
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Special Procedures Nursing
Req ID: 264611