Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) - Ortho/Vascular Unit (Full time/Day shift) at Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, CA.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) - Ortho/Vascular Unit who will provide professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment. Accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan. Practice in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the state of employment, the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics for Nurses, and the ANA scope and standards of practice.
In this position you will:
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patients’ care. Develop, update and coordinate the patient’s plan of care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes and transitions across the care continuum. Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate. Perform and maintain currency of essential competencies as required by specific area of hire and populations served
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care by partnering in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students; facilitate formal and informal learning for patient/families, nursing, other members of the healthcare team, and community
- Accountable for safety, identify and correct problems, and integrate evidence, and best practice into nursing care; use data and evidence to improve patient outcomes. Align patient safety, self-safety and environmental safety as equally important for best outcomes
- Engage in ongoing professional development; practice to the top of license within the legal parameters of the Nurse Practice Act, the Nursing Social Policy Statement, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses, and specialty standards. Promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice
- Lead and coordinate teams, appropriately delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge. Model professional behaviors as a representative of the nursing profession
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or higher within 3 years of hire or equivalent educ/experience
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Unencumbered RN license in state(s) of hire, and wherever care is delivered. If RN holds a multi-state license through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) – (BLS Provider) upon hire
- 1 year acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility
- Proficiency with Information Technology; such as electronic health records, communications systems, computers and equipment necessary to perform essential functions of the position
- Skilled to work with a wide range of staff as part of an interdisciplinary team including physicians, nurses, and ancillary staff
- Ability to use independent, critical judgment in all aspects of patient care delivery
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills that convey a positive and supportive attitude
- Ability to effectively manage multiple responsibilities, urgent responses, and challenging situations
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing upon hire
- National certificate from area of specialty
About the hospital you will serve
Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, CA, is a 414 bed acute care facility, known for its state-of-the-art technology and high quality, compassionate care, has provided the full range of diagnostic, treatment, care and support services for the San Fernando Valley communities for close to 70 years. Many of our specialized services are provided within our Heart and Vascular Institute, one of Los Angeles County's first STEMI designated receiving centers of heart attack victims; our Hycy and Howard Hill Neuroscience Institute, awarded the Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission for a Primary Stroke Center, and the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association (2010); our Women's Pavilion, and our newly opened the Roy and Patricia Disney Family Cancer Center, a comprehensive, state-of-the-art, patient-centered, treatment facility. Our cancer center includes some of the most advanced technology in radiation oncology, highly advanced medical and surgical oncology, excellent clinical outcomes and research, and all patient support services are housed in the same building.
Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center has an exceptional orthopedic program recognized for its excellent outcomes and clinical expertise. And Providence Saint Joseph's Bariatric Program, a leader and resource for those dealing with obesity in Southern California, received a Five-Star Rating for Bariatric Surgery, and Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence designation from HealthGrades.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Nursing - Other
Req ID: 264072