This position is responsible for planning and delivery of direct and indirect patient care, developing nursing care plan in coordination with patient, family and interdisciplinary staff as necessary and communicating changes in patient’s clinical condition with Physicians, Nursing Supervisor/Manager, and co-workers as appropriate.
- Personal Effectiveness - Meets established timelines; follows through to ensure completion of assigned objectives, seeks feedback to improve performance, and demonstrates a positive, “can do” attitude
- Innovation and change - Looks for opportunities to improve processes and services, makes an effort to learn and develop new skills, and is resourceful and enthusiastic in responding to new challenges
- Fostering Teamwork - Is open and honest in dealing with others, demonstrates commitment to team objectives, and sees challenges facing department and helps the team to address them
- Quality Services - Delivers high quality services to internal and external customers, accepts responsibility and takes action to address quality issues, and helps operations & services respond to the needs of caregivers
- Integrity - Adheres to a standard of ethical conduct that promotes trust and open communication, earns trust by living up to commitments, and can be counted on to keep confidences
- They will provide planning and delivery of direct and indirect patient care through the nursing process of Assessment, Planning, Intervention, and Evaluation.
- This person will develop a nursing care plan in coordination with patient, family and interdisciplinary staff as necessary.
- This person will communicate changes in patient’s clinical condition with Physicians, Nursing Supervisor/Manager, and co-workers as appropriate.
- Participates in discharge planning process.
- Experience with patient safety best practices preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
- Completion of education to obtain Texas Licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in Med/Surg hospital setting preferred
- Registered Nurse (RN) with Texas Board of Nursing – OR – current home state license is required for multi-state license recognition through the Nurse Licensure Compact.
- Required to complete the education necessary to obtain my BSN degree within four (4) years of my date of hire with Seton Medical Center Harker Heights
- BLS through American Heart Association required upon hire
- ACLS through American Heart Association within 6 months