Charge Registered Nurse, Hospice, Full-Time job, Days, Albuquerque, NM
We are looking for a Charge Registered Nurse to join our Med/Surg Unit in Albuquerque, NM.
This full-time job is located at Lovelace Medical Center, an acute care hospital providing comprehensive care, including around-the-clock emergency care, surgical services, non-invasive robotic spine surgery, cardiology, stroke care, radiology and oncology services, including the state’s only Gamma Knife Center for non-invasive radiologic brain surgery.
- Responsible and accountable for the practice of Professional Nursing, including the nursing management of the patient and staff of assigned area in his/her charge.
- Manages efficient patient flow, appropriate use of supplies and other operational functions.
- Collaborates with the unit managers and/or directors in developing and revising unit policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Serves as department liaison and first line of contact with patients, providers and staff.
Charge Nurse Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate's Degree or Diploma of Nursing
- Desired: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing; Certification in clinical specialty
- One (1) year of Charge Nurse experience in hospital setting OR more than one year of clinical or management experience.
- Valid NM Nursing License or NM compact license (within 90 days of hire)
- Current BLS
- National Certification in Specialty Care desired
- Supervision/Management knowledge and experience
- Clinical/ Specialty expertise
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work, 2017, 2018 & 2019.
- Midas+ Platinum Quality Award, 2016
- Truven Top 15 Health System, 2016
- Recognized by Healthgrades for quality achievements in best specialty, cardiac, orthopedics, neurosciences, pulmonary, vascular and gastrointestinal categories.
Lovelace is a drug-free employer with smoke free campuses.