Advancing Healthcare Together – The Future of Healthcare is in East Texas
Why UT Health - East Texas?
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We work closely together to create a positive experience for our patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone’s life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. Tyler, Texas is a small town with a huge heart where you will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody is somebody here.
Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across east Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics, Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
Our UT Health Cardiothoracic Surgeons are seeking an experienced Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant. This position will be Monday through Friday from 6:30am to 3:00pm, plus call. We are looking for your experience, knowledge and patient care skills where you will be responsible for:
- Developing a medical plan of care for urgent/non-urgent patients within the scope of practice of the Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner utilizing written protocols to assure quality patient care.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of current trends in diagnosis, treatment, and management of specific disease entities through continuing education processes to provide leadership and resource to patients and caregivers.
- Maintaining, reviewing, and evaluating patient records, charts, and other pertinent department data and medical information by using advanced clinical knowledge and utilization protocols to implement peer review and participate in quality management activities.
- Participating in the development and motivation of staff through training and observation to assure high quality patient care and continuous quality improvement.
- Providing good customer service by utilizing excellent communication skills and technical knowledge to ensure UT Health and departmental objectives are maintained.
- Performing related accountabilities/responsibilities as required or directed.
- Daily clinical management/co-management of patients in critical care and floor setting.
- Call duties 1:3 required.
- May include outpatient clinic.
So what experience are we looking for in our Nurse Practitioners/Physician Assistants?
- Current Texas Family Nurse Practitioner/Registered Nurse License or Current Texas Physician Assistant License
- Two years' experience functioning in the Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant role within Cardiothoracic Surgery
- First assist experience with cardiothoracic procedures
- Endoscopic vein harvesting experience
- Experience with inpatient CVT (chest tubes, notes, discharges)
Now that you read about what you will be doing and the experience we seek, it is time to apply and make a difference in the lives of our patients.
UT Health East Texas is an equal opportunity employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).