Providence is calling a Hospice RN to Benedictine Nursing Center in Mount Angel, OR. You will travel as far north as Molalla, and as far south as Salem. East and west service areas will include Stayton to Dallas, Oregon.
In this position you will have a case load of 10-14 patients and will care for 4-5 patients per day. This is a full-time opening, Monday-Friday from 8:30am-5pm. You will also be asked to participate in a standby/call rotation which is 1 weekend every 5 weeks, and 1 night per week.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse Hospice - Hospice that will provide direct and indirect quality care for patients and families of all ages, according to the individualized needs of the patient, following the nursing process and in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act. Accepts professional development as an integral part of nursing practice. Manages calls made by patient/family and makes home visits as needed to assess needs/concerns within hospice service area. Coordinates patient care activities with other members of the health care team in a collegial relationship to promote patient comfort and assist in the achievement of a comfortable and peaceful death.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Under the direction of physician orders and using the nursing assessment and process, makes an assessment of the patient and family's needs to develop the nursing care plan
- Initiate, develop and evaluate plan of care including nursing needs, safety, services needed, treatments, diagnostics and preventative procedures in accordance with physician order and other professional input
- Revise plan of care as appropriate
- Evaluate on an ongoing basis the patient and family's psychosocial, spiritual, and physical needs, including the need for respite care
- Initiate necessary referrals in a timely manner
- Demonstrate competency in skills and knowledge pertinent to the practice of a registered nurse
- Perform procedures and treatments according to accepted department standards
- Teach, supervise, and counsel the patient and caregivers regarding patient care in accordance with the patient and family's wishes including cultural and religious practices, emotional barriers, desire and motivation to learn, physical and/or cognitive limitations, communication styles, and language barriers, evidence of teaching and/or delegation is documented in patient's record
- Direct the care given by the Hospice Aides, respite caregivers and volunteers by providing verbal and written instruction
- Prepare, provide and summarize clinical documentation regarding the patient's condition, visits and progress toward meeting the patient's goal, including appropriate discharge of patient from service
- Develop, maintain and revise patient and office records to meet department standards, state and federal regulations, in a timely manner to ensure proper financial management
- Update the interdisciplinary plan of care every 14 days or as patient condition requires
- Inform the physician, members of the hospice team and other parties as indicated of changes in the patient's condition and needs
- Manage a nursing caseload as assigned by supervisor that includes patients requiring a broad spectrum of care, who reside in a variety of environments, and in a wide geographical area, by practicing good organizational and time management skills unless assignment is one to assist RN case manager by visiting or admitting their patients
- Rotate through working weekends and holidays as assigned by supervisor
- Participate in 24-hour call
Required qualifications for this position includes:
- Education to meet certification, license or registration requirement
- Current, unencumbered Oregon Registered Nurse license
- Valid driver's license
- Driving record consistent with Safe Driving Policy 330 Incidence Point Matrix at time of hire
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider Certification
- In compliance with the Department of Human Services (DHS), a criminal background check is required
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Two (2) years of experience in nursing
- Experience in Hospice, Oncology, Home Health or Public Health nursing
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Hospice Nursing
Location: Oregon-Mount Angel
Req ID: 262108