Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) Resident to Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA or Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia, WA.
Our Residency Program transitions new graduate nurses into practice emphasizing inter-professional, collaborative and patient-centered care. Our comprehensive specialty curriculum includes online and classroom based learning, clinical simulation, skills development and unit orientation with specialty trained preceptors. The Residency Program is designed to support our residents professional development through their first year of practice.
We offer career tracks in specialized areas of care, giving residents the ability to focus on areas that match their interests and career goals. There is only one application to complete; during the application process candidates will be able to designate their area of interest (unit) and location (Olympia or Centralia).
This is a 0.9 FTE (36 hours per week), variable shift position.
This Cohort is scheduled to start on Monday, October 12, 2020.
- Medical Renal
- Surgical Acute (post-op)
- Medical Telemetry
- Clinical Observation Unit
- Intermediate Care Unit (IMCU)
- Progressive Care Unit (PCU)
- Surgical Admit Discharge Unit
- Labor & Delivery
- Intensive Care Unit (Neuro-Trauma or Cardiovascular)
- Emergency Department
- Apply: Be sure to upload your resume and cover letter to your application. Awards, honors and letters of recommendation are optional. Applications are accepted prior to receiving your RN license. We also accept applications from RN's that have experience outside of a hospital setting.
- Phone Interview: Qualified applicants will receive an email invitation to complete a phone interview with a Recruiter.
- In-person or Video Interview: Select candidates will be contacted to schedule either an in-person interview or video interview with Managers and peer interview team. Interviews will begin in July and will be completed in September.
- References: You will be asked to submit your references prior to the scheduled in-person or video interview with the Managers.
- Offer: Successful candidates will be contacted by Talent Acquisition with an offer of employment.
- Post-Offer: Candidates who have accepted an offer must complete a background check, drug screen, license and cert verifications, education verification and a health screen.
- Start Date: RN residents must start this cohort on October 12*. Residents complete training on the unit hired to and typically continue working on the same unit after the training is complete. Most residents are assigned to 12 hour night shifts.
*Please note: The Residency Program is an intense program and personal time off during the orientation period (estimated 12 weeks to 18 weeks) cannot be accommodated outside of normally scheduled days off.
In this position you will:
- Work with a preceptor and assume increasing responsibility during the residency.
- Demonstrate competencies in populations served at the completion of residency.
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patient's care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes.
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights and beliefs of those we serve.
- Foster a learning environment for patients/families, nursing and other members of the healthcare team including students.
- Align practice with safety and quality. Be accountable for safety. Identify and correct problems.
- Engage in ongoing professional development; promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice.
- Lead and coordinate teams, delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing within 3 years of hire.
- Completed a pre-licensure nursing program and is newly licensed.
- Active Washington State RN license.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) - (BLS Provider) upon hire.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) must be from American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN) within 6 months of hire for Intensive Care, Emergency Department, Labor & Delivery, Neurology, Intermediate Care Unit and Progressive Care Unit.
- PALS or ENPC required within 6 months and TNCC required within 6 months of the Emergency Department.
- NRP required within 90 days for Labor & Delivery.
Preferred qualification for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing upon hire
Nurses of Providence Video:
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
Providence Centralia Hospital is a 127-bed, not-for-profit hospital providing emergency, diagnostic, cancer, birthing and surgical services. We consistently receive high scores on accreditation surveys by the Joint Commission, the Washington Department of health (DOH) and the Washington Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS).
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: RN Resident
Req ID: 260861