Swedish is seeking acute care experienced registered nurses interested in working in Swedish operating rooms to join the Perioperative RN Consortium.
This two-part, intensive training program is designed to prepare nurses for a successful career in the operating room.
New caregivers will be required to attend new caregiver orientation (NCE) the week of September, 14 th ,2020. All interns hired for the program; both internal transfers and new caregivers are required to participate in the Perioperative Consortium Orientation that same week. The program coursework starts September 21 st , 2020 .
The first part of the program is a 17-week OR Nursing Internship through the Northwest Perioperative Consortium (NWPC). This internship involves intensive classroom learning, hands-on skill labs and demonstrations at multiple facilities in the Puget Sound area to prepare nurses to enter the operating room as a functional member of the surgical staff. All of your clinical work will occur at a Swedish facility. Locations - First Hill, Cherry Hill, Edmonds, Ballard, Issaquah.
Upon successful graduation from the NWPC Perioperative Nursing Internship, cohort members will begin the second part of their training: joining the OR team at the Swedish Campus for which they have been hired, nurses will be oriented to that department and continue to learn more about their individual specialties.
Please note - This is a Full Time training program, Monday - Friday, Day shift. Personal time off during the 17- week program cannot be accommodated outside of normally scheduled weekend days off.
After completion of the training program, the OR Staff Nurse position requires being available for "call" shifts - working weekends and holidays in addition to your normal shifts, as assigned. When you are assigned "call", you are required to be at work within 30 minutes of being called.
- Apply: Be sure to upload your resume and a cover letter explaining why you want to work in the Operating Room. Please include details on any observations or experiences you have had in an operating room or surgical environment.
- Screening: Applications will answer some qualifying questions via text.
- Video Interview: The most qualified applicants will receive an email invitation to complete a video interview.
- In-person Interview: Select candidates will be contacted to schedule in-person interviews with a hiring manager and peer interview team.
- Offer: Successful candidates will be contacted by Talent Acquisition with an offer of employment.
- Post-Offer: Candidates who have accepted an offer must complete a background check (criminal, employment verification, active Washington State RN license verification), drug screen and health screen.
- Start Date: Candidates selected will report for Orientation on September 14, 2020
- Nursing degree or diploma from an accredited nursing program
- You can verify your program’s eligibility here: https://directory.ccnecommunity.org/reports/accprog.asp
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire
- Active and unencumbered Washington State RN license upon hire
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire
- Minimum 1 year current RN experience in an acute care facility
- Willingness to commit to full-time employment for 2 years and sign employment agreement
- Able to work full time, day shift, Monday – Friday during training
- Reliable transportation to travel to classes held at a variety of participating health care facilities throughout the Puget Sound region
- Able to work “call” shifts within 30 minutes of contact after training is completed - may include nights and weekends
- Able to read, write, understand and communicate in English to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the position
About Swedish Shared Services
Swedish is the largest, most comprehensive, nonprofit health provider in the Greater Seattle area. Our expanding network of facilities currently includes three hospital locations in Seattle, a hospital in Edmonds and the new Swedish Issaquah campus. It also consists of Swedish Medical Group’s network of primary care clinics, and affiliations with suburban hospitals and specialty clinics throughout Greater Seattle.
Each campus has a local operations leadership team, supported by centrally located and led corporate services, such as Human Resources, Financial and Information Services.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our nonprofit Mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of each person we serve. Our Vision is to demonstrate the highest-quality, best-value healthcare to all we serve.
Swedish is the largest nonprofit health care provider in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); ambulatory care centers in Redmond and Mill Creek; and Swedish Medical Group a network of more than 118 primary care and specialty locations throughout the Puget Sound. Swedish employs more than 13,300 employees and 3,100 physicians and allied health professionals. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we’re committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Nursing - Other
Work Locations: Cherry Hill James Tower (WA197) 550 17th Ave Seattle, 98122 Issaquah Main Bldg (WA171) 751 Ne Blakely Dr Issaquah, 98029 Ballard Main Bldg (WA148) 5300 Tallman Ave Nw Seattle, 98107 First Hill Main Bldg (WA145) 747 Broadway Seattle, 98122 Edmonds Main Bldg (WA151) 21601 76th Ave W Edmonds, 98026 Cherry Hill Main Bldg (WA150) 500 17th Ave James Tower Seattle, 98122
Req ID: 259625