Triage Registered Nurse Coach
US-NC-Charlotte | US-NC-Winston-Salem
Job Opening ID
Whitehall Business Park
Care Connections Nurse Triage
every 3rd weekend
Job Opening Post Information* : Posted Date
9 hours ago(6/22/2020 1:13 PM)
The Triage RN Coach will function in a telephonic virtual care center setting and is part of the Care Connections Team which collaborates with physicians, mid-level providers, staff, and other health care professionals to provide the best care across the health care continuum. This role serves as an integral member of the health care team who works to ensure safety, best practice and high quality standards of care are maintained across the continuum. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to acute patient triage. Position responsibilities are met through providing information pertaining to acute and chronic healthcare needs related to each call.
The Triage RN Coach also supports holistic interdisciplinary patient centered care as part of the Care Connections team. Care Connections promotes the effective management of acute and chronic illness. The nurse will assist the patient-in navigating the healthcare system to arrive at the appropriate venue of care. In addition, this role includes answering a nurse triage line responsible for assessing problems over the phone utilizing appropriate and approved protocols. Some functions may include, but are not limited to: reaching out to providers, receiving and relaying radiology and lab results, counseling patients, responding to general health questions, assessing appropriate healthcare access for the patient by utilizing approved protocols and encourages promoting patient engagement to reduce the risk of inappropriate venue of care and hospitalization. While this role will be responsible for telephone triage to assess a patients’ needs and provide relevant health information the RN will not make medical diagnoses or tell the caller what may be wrong.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, BSN
- Experience: Minimum five years clinical experience in hospital, home health, ambulatory or community setting with a recent focus on acute and/or chronic-care management required.
- Licensure / Certification / Registration: Current RN license for all states in NH footprint required.
- Additional Skills/Requirements required: Broad clinical knowledge base of multiple conditions and expected outcomes. Working knowledge of effective teaching techniques, applying adult learning principles. Ability to demonstrate coordination of appropriate educational materials for patients and their support systems. Demonstrates appropriate advice and education in the treatment of illness. Demonstrate appropriate clinical leadership skills as evidenced by previous work related activities and performances. Demonstrate the ability to work independently to assess and evaluate understanding of disease processes, treatment plans and/or lifestyle changes. Demonstrate sound knowledge, critical thinking skills and appropriate decision-making skills for designated patients. Demonstrate appropriate organization skills. Demonstrate the ability to assess self-learning needs and seek ways to meet own professional development by proactively educating self, participating in orientation and staff development activities, maintaining knowledge of clinical practice, issues, trends, technology, appropriate levels of care, and uses policies and procedures appropriately. Possesses excellent computer skills with the ability to multitask including navigating and documenting in an EMR while communicating with the patient and using a telephonic platform. In addition this person will have strong problem solving and analytical skills and demonstrate communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Has a broad clinical knowledge base of multiple conditions and expected outcomes as well as working knowledge of effective teaching techniques, applying adult learning principles.
- Additional Skills/Requirements preferred
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".