* $12k Hiring Bonus and Relocation Assistance Available.*
Providence is calling a Registered Nurse to its Labor and Delivery team at Providence Medford Medical Center in Medford, OR. We have 8 LDRP with 2 triage rooms and 2 operating rooms. Patient population is 36 weeks and greater. Level 1 OB care and Level 1 newborn care. Hypertension, gestational diabtetes, and twins can be managed for greater than 36 weeks gestation. You will only be placed on standby for low census. This is calculated on rotation. We are a growing department which will add 2 additional Providers in summer 2020.
- Full time benefited position - 36 hours per week
- (3) 12 hour night shifts
- Rotating/variable weekends and holidays
Providence Medford Medical Center is a Level 3 Trauma Center with 168 licensed beds. It's also home to one of the only Joint Commission Advanced Certification Primary Stroke Centers, and has received Joint Commission Disease Specific Care Certification for total hip and knee replacements.
Providence Health System in Medford has an integrated network of primary care and specialty providers throughout the Rogue Valley. Our hospital is nestled in the magnificent Rogue Valley just 30 miles from the California border, Medford and nearby Ashland and Jacksonville form the southern gateway to the Pacific Northwest. http://www.travelmedford.org/ With 75,000 residents, Medford is the 4th largest city in Oregon and serves as the medical hub for a population of more than 510,000. At nearly 2,000 feet of elevation, Medford has a mild climate and four distinct seasons. The Medford area offers a unique mix of physical beauty, cultural diversity and recreational opportunities ranging from Ashland's renowned Oregon Shakespeare Festival to year-round outdoor activities such as white-water rafting, biking, fishing, skiing and wilderness hiking. Additionally, the ocean is just an hour away! Living in Medford offers a small town appeal with larger town offerings. Schools include a state university 15 minutes from downtown.
Providence Health & Services is an integrated, not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and providers in Alaska, California, Montana, Oregon and Washington. We are affiliated with Swedish Health Services, Pacific Medical Centers, Kadlec and Facey Medical Group, sharing one Electronic Medical Record system (Epic) and best practices to create healthier communities, together.
Is Providence your calling?
In this position, you will:
- Provide professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment.
- Be accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan.
- Practice in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the state of employment, the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics for Nurses, and the ANA scope and standards of practice.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire
- All Registered Nurses (RNs) without a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in nursing must obtain a bachelor’s degree in nursing or higher within 3 years of hire.
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a Bachelor's degree in nursing
- Unencumbered RN license in Oregon and wherever care is delivered
- If RN holds a multistate license through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) – (Healthcare Provider) upon hire
- Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP) must be from American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)/AHA within 3 months
- 12 months of acute care experience working with the patient population similar to the Maternity Services -or- completion of the specialty residency located at Providence Medford Medical Center
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in nursing
- National Certification in specialty of hire
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Labor & Delivery/Obstetric Nursing
Req ID: 257104