Patient Care Tech/PCT, Behavioral Health, Full-Time job, Days, Albuquerque, NM
We are looking for a Patient Care Tech to join our Behavioral Health team in Albuquerque, NM.
This full-time job is located at Lovelace Medical Center, an acute care hospital providing comprehensive care, including around-the-clock emergency care, surgical services, non-invasive robotic spine surgery, cardiology, stroke care, radiology and oncology services, including the state’s only Gamma Knife Center for non-invasive radiologic brain surgery.
Patient Care Tech Job Responsibilities:
- The Patient Care Tech performs all duties of the Patient Care Tech as defined by department competencies.
- Greets patients and escorts them to the exam room. Weighs patients, takes vital signs and patient history, and documents chief complaint.
- Prepares exam room for next patient and assures supplies are available for exam; may schedule appointments and obtains referral when necessary.
- Maintains safety practices according to hospital policy to ensure safe delivery of patient care.
Patient Care Tech Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Current BLS
- Completion of a Medical Assistant, Nurse Tech, or Certified Nursing Assistant program desired
- Experience in Phlebotomy or completion of a Phlebotomy course is preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Desired experience in a healthcare setting
- Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work, 2017, 2018 & 2019.
- Midas+ Platinum Quality Award, 2016
- Truven Top 15 Health System, 2016
- Recognized by Healthgrades for quality achievements in best specialty, cardiac, orthopedics, neurosciences, pulmonary, vascular and gastrointestinal categories.
Lovelace is a drug-free employer with smoke free campuses.