Advancing Healthcare Together – The Future of Healthcare is in East Texas
Why UT Health - East Texas?
Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We work closely together to create a positive experience for our patients and each other.
We will build on your experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone’s life and change the course of healthcare.
Texas is a small town with a huge heart where you will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody is somebody here.
Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across east Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics, Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
Our UT Health Tyler hospital is seeking an experienced Licensed Vocational Nurse
. We are looking for your experience, knowledge and patient care skills in our Primary Care Clinic where you will be responsible for:
What You Will Be Doing:
So what experience are we looking for in our LVNs?
- Monitoring the changes in the patients’ condition including the recording and reporting of symptoms, assessing vital signs and intervening when appropriate.
- Supporting the culture of quality with delivery of quality nursing care to decrease potential harm to other patients and peers
- Participating actively in UTHET’s performance improvement process as it relates to nursing practices and procedures
- Monitoring, recording, and reporting symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions
- Interacting with co-workers and other hospital staff, guests and patients providing outstanding customer service
- Responsible for providing technical assistance under the direction of licensed personnel for a mid-levels and physicians in a clinical setting.
- Must be able to take patient vital signs, must have knowledge of medications and injections; must have knowledge of medical terminology.
- Should be able to communicate both orally and written to physician, patient, and family members in a clear, concise manner.
- Will process intake or discharge where needed.
Now that you read about what you will be doing and the experience we seek, it is time to apply and make a difference in the lives of our patients.
UT Health East Texas is an equal opportunity employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).
Completion of Practical Nursing School
6 months’ medical clinic experience preferred
Current Texas LVN License or Multi State License