Charge Registered Nurse, L&D, Full-Time, Days
We are looking for a Charge Registered Nurse to join our L&D Unit in Albuquerque, NM.
This full time job is located at Lovelace Women’s Hospital, the first and only hospital in New Mexico dedicated to women’s health, offers a 53-bed advanced neonatal intensive care unit, a natural birthing center, an award-winning breast care center and the first robotic surgery program in the state recognized as a Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery by Surgical Review Corporation.
If you bring your body, mind and spirit to your work and your passion for women’s health is tangible you will want to grow your career at Lovelace Women’s Hospital. Lovelace Women's Hospital is New Mexico's first and only hospital dedicated to women's health and women from all over New Mexico come to deliver their babies here. As a labor and delivery nurse you know how to stay organized and move fast. You thrive in fast-paced environments and are passionate about coaching and educating your patients through a life-changing event. Grow your career in our labor and delivery department- submit your application today!
Charge Registered Nurse Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible and accountable for the practice of Professional Nursing, including leadership of the patient care and staff during assigned shifts, for the department in his/her charge.
- Supports the mission, values, goals and strategic direction of the unit, hospital and system.
- Manages efficient patient flow, appropriate use of supplies and other operational functions.
- Collaborates with the unit managers and/or directors in developing and revising unit policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Serves as departmental liaison and first line of contact with patients, providers and staff.
- Adheres to policies and procedures and regulations to ensure compliance and patient safety.
- Leads day to day operations in achievement of department goals.
Charge Registered Nurse Education and Experience Job Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited school of Nursing, RN program required
- BSN preferred
- Valid NM Nursing license or NM compact license (within 90 days of hire)
- Current BLS; required certifications for the area of practice
- National certification in area of clinical specialty preferred
- One year of clinical leadership experience preferred
- Facilities include: 16 bed L&D, Natural Birthing Center, Antenatal Triage Unit, Dedicated Antepartum unit
- Proud to be a Baby Friendly hospital
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine program for high-risk pregnancies
- 53-bed Level III NICU
- Low C-section rates
- Obstetricians and Certified Nurse Midwives
- Leader for Women’s Health within the community
- Recipient of Leapfrog Hospital Safety “A Rating”
- Excellent Advancement Opportunities
- Competitive pay for the New Mexico market
- Tuition reimbursement
Lovelace is a drug-free employer with smoke free campuses.