- Basic Use of MS Word 2007.
-Creating meeting minutes, charts, and tables.
-Saving and naming new and established files.
- Basic Use of MS PowerPoint 2007.
-Creating education presentations using clip art.
- Basic Use of MS Excel 2007.
-Creating simple spreadsheets, sometimes using symbols.
- Navigation and basic search functions of the Internet using Internet Explorer.
- Use of MS Outlook 2007 email, opening attachments, attaching new files to emails,and saving attached files to computer.
- Use of shared network file space.
- Basic use of computers, printers, monitors, patient care devices, and fax machines.
-Navigation and use of Sortec Nurse Call system.
- Use of Internet and Intranet to look up basic electronic resources for practice.
-Ability to find and print Patient Family Education Documents.
-Ability to find PPM Department Council minutes from last month.
- Ability to find and navigate Department of Nursing websites and related linked CHOP resource sites.
- Ability to perform a literature search on the Internet and ability to find professional journal and/or research-based articles.
- Ability to evaluate Internet sites for reliability.
Information Management Literacy
- Navigation of electronic health information records
- Ability to review specific patient data in a clinical information system.
- Understanding of policies and procedures around timeliness of care, use of a clinical information system, and support of safe nursing practice.
-Utilize applicable clinical pathways.
- Ability to collect raw clinical data using quality tools.
- Ability to discuss, evaluate, and analyze outcome data in charts and tables.
- Discuss the responsibilities of each user of an electronic record related to confidentiality and privacy.
- Coordination of patient care information in a fragmented environment, where there are both electronic and hard copy references.