Nursing Supervisor – Surgical ICU
The Clinical Staff Leader is a direct supervisory leadership role and a key member of the Nursing leadership team. The CSL leads a cohort of staff members and actively participates in overall management of the unit, development of clinical practice, and provision of patient care with accountabilities for implementation and outcomes for people leadership, quality, service, compliance, finance, throughput and scheduling. The primary focus of the Clinical Staff Leader is to ensure the unit's optimal performance by engaging in effective problem solving for staff, patients and families and to develop/lead the assigned cohort. The Clinical Staff Leader provides feedback and coaching to staff members, recognizing them for their contributions while fostering a high performance culture. The CSL works under the guidance and direction of the manager to develop. For more information regarding the physical requirements and environmental conditions for this job, please click here.
· Visit Us!
· The SICU unit specializes in caring for a critically ill patient population that may include liver, kidney, or pancreas transplants; as well as head, neck, thoracic, urologic, and GI surgical patients. Our primary focus is to provide our diverse patient population with excellent care related to any elective, urgent, or emergent major surgical intervention, as well as procedures that negatively impact normal hemodynamic stability. This is typically the immediate post-operative phase, but may also include the diagnostic, pre-operative, and extended post-operative phases of care. Our nurses work closely with the SICU physicians and nurse practitioners to provide care for patients with multiple system organ dysfunctions, ventilators, vasoactive drips and other therapies to ensure optimal sedation, analgesia, cardiac, and hemodynamic function. Our nursing team assists in coordinating the care between the multiple disciplines and physician teams to provide optimal outcomes for our critically ill patients. We pride ourselves on providing excellent patient care, with a focus on reducing the number of hospital-acquired infections from ventilators, central venous catheters, and urinary catheters.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center’s mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Achieve the Remarkable:
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
· Nursing Careers: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/index.html
· Benefits: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
· Our Nursing Philosophy: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/philosophy.html
· Our Nursing Leadership: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/leadership.html
· Shared Governance: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/shared-governance.html
· Education & Professional Development: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/professional-development.html
· Life In Nashville: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/nashville.html