Clinical Staff Leader-FT Variable ShiftPediatric Surgery, Trauma and Adolescent Medicine#1908246 Your Role:
The Clinical Staff Leader is a direct supervisory leadership role and a key member of the Nursing leadership team. The CSL leads a cohort of staff members and actively participates in overall management of the unit, development of clinical practice, and provision of patient care with accountabilities for implementation and outcomes for people leadership, quality, service, compliance, finance, throughput and scheduling. The primary focus of the Clinical Staff Leader is to ensure the unit's optimal performance by engaging in effective problem solving for staff, patients and families and to develop/lead the assigned cohort. The Clinical Staff Leader provides feedback and coaching to staff members, recognizing them for their contributions while fostering a high performance culture. The CSL works under the guidance and direction of the manager to develop.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interacts with and contributes to the professional development of their cohort and other staff as needed.
- Defines standards for quality patient care.
- Develops, manages and evaluates area based on work team performance.
- Manages multiple projects/on-going work activities (timelines, work plans, deliverables) and maintains alignment with strategic plan and vision.
- Acts as clinical leader and facilitates education for staff on clinical standards; routinely provides guidance/coaching to subordinates/peers within clinical specialty(ies).
- Ensures that clinical assignments are based on patient care needs and demonstrated staff competencies.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN), and Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) preferred and 1 year relevant experience
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
- Registered Nurse Required
- Pediatric Medical/Surgical experience
- Leadership experience
- Salaried/40 hrs a week/Variable hours
Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt is one of the nation's leading children's hospitals. We treat and help prevent all health issues ranging from colds and broken bones to heart disease and cancer.The world-class facilities at Children's Hospital are a testament to our community's dedication to the health of children. Constructed in 2004 and expanded in 2012, our 271-bed hospital is a child-friendly place built on the science of healing. A building alone does not make a great hospital. Our exceptional medical teams and the generous support of people like you enable us to provide every child who comes to us with the hope of improved health. Children's Hospital is a nonprofit facility. No child who needs our services is denied care on the basis of limited ability to pay. Many of our doctors and surgeons are nationally recognized researchers who are finding new ways to cure and prevent childhood diseases. Their work preventing and treating premature birth, cancer, heart disease, spina bifida, and many other conditions is an investment in the future. We are at an important crossroads in child health. Our commitment to research and advocacy positions us to bring the promise of good health to children and families in our community and to share that hope with the world. Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s
mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research. Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center’s mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being. Achieve the Remarkable:
Learn more about VUMC Nursing: