Join Harborview Medical Center's teams of outstanding med/surg/acute care/tele nurses! (Registered Nurse 2; RN2). Harborview Medical Center is a level one adult and pediatric trauma center as well as regional burn center for a four state region; a teaching and research hospital for the University of Washington; and a public/safety-net hospital for our diverse community
**Acute Care, Med-Surg, Tele**
*1EH -12 - Med/Surg/Tele - 90% Night position open.
*6MB - Planned Surgery (also includes med/surg/ortho/neuro/trauma) - per diem variable positions available.
*6EH - Ortho Trauma - 90% night position open; per diem positions available.
*7EH - Trauma/General Surgery - per diem variable shifts available.
*5EH - Med/Surg/Tele - 90% night position available; and per diem variable shifts available.
*4EH - Med/Tele/Oncology - 90% night position available; and per diem variable shifts position open.
*8EH - Burns/Plastics/Peds - 90%, Night position available; per diem variable shift position available.
*4WH - Trauma Rehabilitation - per diem shifts available.
*3EH - Med/Tele - 90% night position available; and per diem variable shift positions open.
*Acute Care Float Pool - 90% Night positions open; and per diem variable shift positions open.
*3WH - Neuro/Tele (Neurosciences)- 90% night positions open; and, per diem variable position open.
***The award winning 36 bed acute care 3WH Neuroscience (Neuro/Tele)
floor specializes in the management of acute trauma and acute
vascular disease, patients with aneurysms, as well as other
neurosurgical problems such as brain tumors and spinal disorders.
We also provide expert management of stroke and epilepsy patients.
Harborview's Neurosciences acute care (neuro/tele) unit is a
Comprehensive Stroke Center and proud to be the recipient of the Top
Box and Patient Satisfaction Award for five quarters. We can thank the
wonderful Achievements and Great work to the amazing leaders and staff
members who make up the 3 West family!
**Continuity of Care Program (CCN)**
100% FTE (40 hours per week), Days Shift
Continuity of Care Nurse (CCN) coordinates all aspects of care leading to a timely transition to the next level of care for patients on acute care units. The CCN serves as a liaison between patients, families, medical teams, nursing staff, social services, interdisciplinary team members, consulting and referring physicians and agencies involved in the care of patients from admission through the discharge process.
1. Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington.
2. Minimum of two years professional nursing experience in Trauma/General Surgery, Critical and/or Acute Care, Emergency Care, or equivalent education and experience.
3. Able to carry equipment (15-20lbs) from supply to the patient room
4. Effective interpersonal skills, leadership skills, and clinical expertise in the care of acute care patients.
5. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, BSN required.
6. Some Case Management or discharge planning experience and understanding of care coordination and Transition of care
7. Have computer skill to facilitate and document timely interdisciplinary huddle report.
8. Very well developed Communication skill is critical for the workflow
|Legal Requirement - Current license to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Washington.|