Adult Med/Surg (6RW)
You will apply the nursing process to plan and implement the care of patients, including patient and family education and continuum of care planning. Effectively communicate pertinent patient/family information to the health care team. Collaborate in establishing patient goals and evaluates progress to ensure effective outcomes. Further your professional growth by engaging in learning activities according to the Board of Nursing standards. For more information regarding the physical requirements and environmental conditions for this job, please click here.
6 Round Wing/Adult Inpatient Medicine, located in Medical
Center North at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, is fast-paced and focused
on acute medicine. 6RW is a 14 bed unit, which cares for adult patients
with non-surgical acute medicine conditions.
The mission of the 6RW/Medicine is to provide compassionate, quality care that is respectful, patient/family-centered, safe, and cost efficient. Our nurses are able to utilize evidence-based guidelines to provide the highest quality of care.
The staff experiences the professional satisfaction that comes with making a difference every day for their patients and families, while expanding their critical care knowledge base and applying critical thinking skills to understand and intervene in the care of their patients.
Our population of patients may include patients with any
number of co-morbidities, including neurological, respiratory, cardiac,
gastrointestinal, renal and endocrine medical conditions.
All beds are appropriate for continuous bedside sp02 monitoring.
The Management structure of 6RW/Medicine consists of the Unit Manager and 2 Clinical Staff Leaders and Nurse Educator. Each Clinical Staff Leader is responsible for 18-20 staff.
The staff is composed of RN’s, Care Partners and Medical Receptionists and RN assignments are determined by patient census and acuity. Normal RN ratios are 5:1.
· This is a 12-hour shift, 36 hours per week, day shift position. The schedule is made for six weeks which will include 12 weekend shifts (Friday and Saturday nights). Nurses are required to work five weekend shifts out of the 12 weekend shifts available in a the 6-week schedule. We offer self-scheduling.
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrated the difference they make each and every day: Celebrate 2019
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Our Nursing Philosophy
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center’s mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Achieve the Remarkable:
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
· Nursing Careers: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/index.html
· Benefits: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
· Our Nursing Philosophy: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/philosophy.html
· Our Nursing Leadership: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/leadership.html
· Shared Governance: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/shared-governance.html
· Education & Professional Development: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/professional-development.html
· Life In Nashville: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/nashville.html