To show our commitment and appreciation for joining our team, we are currently offering up to $29,000 hiring incentives to include sign-on, student loan forgiveness and relocation.
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Medical Oncology Palliative Care Nurse. You are wanting to work 12 hour night shift hours. You’re great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible. Us. St. Vincent Healthcare
is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 286-bed level II trauma center has provided care in Montana and the surrounding area since 1898. Our team is second to none, and we work well together. We are a 32 bed unit serving about 80% medical patients and about 20% oncology and/or palliative care patients. We have a beautiful, recently remodeled environment that includes computers and vital signs machines in all patient rooms and decentralized nursing stations to keep you closer to your patients. Benefits
are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we’ve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation classes, counseling, PTO, and financial wellness. Our organization is invested in your growth and learning and offers multiple opportunities for career advancement, scholarships, and tuition reimbursement. We.
We’ll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing. We’re proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn. We promote a culture of 200% accountability, learning and growing together. Your day
This team is progressive and known for their outstanding teamwork and willingness to try something new! We are currently piloting a team nursing model called Mentor Nursing. As a Medical Oncology Palliative Care Nurse you know that every day is different, which is why you need to know how to:
- Adapt to quickly changing dynamic situations calmly and effectively
- All staff do 1 call shift per month and enjoy a “self-scheduling” model for shift sign ups
- Collaborate and communicate professionally with peers and providers as you perform your work
- Provide high quality, holistic care with the best interest and well-being of patients in mind
- Comply with procedural and documentation guidelines
- Oversee care delivered by CNA
- Continually expand your knowledge
- Help improve our facility and safety programs through shared decision making
- Follow hospital, regulatory and professional guidelines, policies and procedures
- Communicate compassionately and effectively
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
Your next move
- ASN from an accredited program
- BSN from an accredited program required within 48 months of hire
- Current RN license to practice nursing in the state of Montana
- Current BLS
- ONS Chemotherapy/Biotherapy certification required within 1 year of employment
Now that you know more about being a Medical Oncology Palliative Care Nurse on our team we hope you’ll join us. At St. Vincent Healthcare you’ll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.