You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as an ED – Emergency Department Nurse. This is a 5pm to 5am position.
You’re generous with your compassion, your empathy and especially your voice, because your opinion matters. You’re equally comfortable with patients, families, colleagues, mentors and technology. You know how to move fast. You know how to stay organized. You know how to have fun. Us St. Vincent Healthcare
is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 286-bed level II trauma center has provided care in Montana and the surrounding area since 1898. Our team is second to none, and we work well together. We are a 23 bed Emergency Department averaging approximately 40,000 patients annually. We are the 1st pediatric ready hospital in the state of Montana. We are an ACS Verified Level II Trauma Center and stroke center. We have an in-house flight team. Benefits
are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we’ve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning. We We offer up to $29,000 hiring incentives to include sign-on, student loan forgiveness and relocation.
Together we’ll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We’ll honor each other’s dignity and surpass the standards we set.
We’ll encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity. We’ll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing. We’re proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn. Your day
As an Emergency Department – ED Nurse you know that every day is different, which is why you need to know how to:
- Adapt to quickly changing dynamic situations calmly and effectively
- Respond to and communicate professionally with peers and providers as you perform your work
- Foster quality of care with the best interest and well-being of patients in mind
- Comply with procedural and documentation guidelines
- Oversee care delivered by CNA ED Tech’s
- Continually expand your knowledge
- Help improve our facility and safety programs
- On-Call shifts required and “self-scheduling” model for shift sign ups
- Follow hospital, regulatory and professional guidelines, policies and procedures
- Communicate compassionately and effectively
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
Your next move
- ASN/ADN or BSN from an accredited program
- Ability to obtain BSN within 4 years of hire unless you have a minimum of 15 years of proven, continuous, acute care RN experience, required
- Current RN license to practice nursing in the state of Montana
- Current BLS and ACLS
- TNCC, PALS ENPC required within a year of hire
- One year of critical care or Emergency Department nursing experience, preferred
Now that you know more about being an Emergency Department Nurse on our team we hope you’ll join us. At St. Vincent Healthcare you’ll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.