SEARHC is a non-profit health consortium which serves the health interests of the residents of Southeast Alaska. We see our employees as our strongest assets. It is our priority to further their development and our organization by aiding in their professional advancement.
Working at SEARHC is more than a job, it’s a fulfilling career. We offer generous benefits, including retirement, paid time off, paid parental leave, health, dental, and vision benefits, life insurance and long and short-term disability, and more.
The position exists to provide employee health services to SEARHC employees in accordance with established policies and procedures and regulatory standards. Actively participates in committees established to promote employee safety and infection prevention and control.
The position coordinates the SEARHC employee health program for the consortium. The person chosen for the position must be able to foster positive relationships with the employee health contacts at each of the clinics and facilitate different projects through those contacts. The position makes decisions and recommendations regarding employee immunization status, laboratory screening and follow up results. Actively plans annual employee health/flu vaccination clinics. Maintains accurate recall system, collects data and reports to Infection Prevention & Control Manager. Frequently communicates and coordinates employee health screenings, testing and results with employees, supervisors, clinicians and Human Resources.
- Conduct employee medical screening. Schedule, coordinate, provide and document required immunizations, skin testing and seasonal vaccines to employees. Provide follow- up decision/actions regarding employee screening results.
- Plan and promote annual employee health screenings and flu clinics.
- Update confidential employee health records. Review employee medical records for periodic or special audits.
- Collects data, mainitains tracking system, database and prepares reports. Notifies Human Resources, supervisors and or clinic staff when initial employee health screening is complete.
- Participate with activities related to outbreaks. Educate individuals regarding infection prevention and control policies and procedures related to employee screening and immunizations. As directed by the Infection Prevention & Control Manager, participates in policy development and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Infection Prevention & Control Manager.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Previous nursing experience in clinical or public health setting
- 3 years nursing experience in clinical setting or public health setting preferred
License and Certifications:
- Current Alaska Registered Nursing License
- Current CPR Certification or ability to attain within 3 months of hire
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Sound knowledge of nursing practice and adult immunization schedules.
- Interpretation of employee screening laboratory results and identification of appropriate follow up actions.
- Knowledge of infection prevention and control and regulatory requirements relating to employee health.
- Administration of immunizations, skin tests. Skilled blood draw/collection.
- Advanced computer skills, word processing, spreadsheets and database management.
- Oral and written communication.
- Work independently with minimal oversight.
- Perform basic nursing skills including assessment, immunization administration, documentation and client teaching. Computer literate.
- Plan, organize and prioritize workload, time, materials, and resources.
- Prepare and interpret reports and maintain confidential information.
- Collaborate with other healthcare professionals, staff members.