In this highly technical, fast-paced, and rewarding position, you will collaborate with multidisciplinary team members to provide the very best care for our patients. The Educator Specialist II - Surgical Services is responsible for assessing for, design, implementing and evaluating clinical education activities to promote excellence in practice and development in staff. Is a clinical expert in specialty area. Is a "hands-on" clinical educator whose primary customers are staff and nurse managers whos focus of the work is in the direct-care setting: at the bedside, unit in-services, and/or staff meetings, in addition to the classroom setting.
Your Job Requirements:
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN)
- Clinical or education focus preparation is preferred
- Licensed in the state of Texas. Certification in clinical specialty area regarded favorably
- Three (3) years of nursing experience in specialty is preferred (Surgical Services)
Your Job Responsibilities :
- Acts as a consultant to the nurse manager for defining annual and ongoing educational needs for each patient care area meet regulatory agency requirements, and offers guidance for developmental strategies to meet competencies associated with needs.
- Administers Texas Nurses' Association CNE classes.
- Assesses the learning needs and evaluates staff members skills and knowledge related to technical skills, interpersonal communication, and critical thinking skills to validate clinical competency.
- Collaborates with nurse manager to contribute input to the unit staff orientation plan and offers recommendation for modifying these plans to meet individual practitioner needs.
- Coordinates, implements and evaluates the departmental residency/internship programs.
- Promotes and mentors nursing staff through self-directed education, unit in-services, and by offering support for participation in the Clinical Advancement Program and for appropriate specialty certifications to enhance nursing practices and increase clinical expertise.
- Serves as a consultant in an area of clinical expertise to develop and coordinate justin-time staff education for unfamiliar patient situations.