RN, Educator - Essential Responsibilites include:
1. Confirms proper utilization of techniques, procedures, and equipment through instruction, supervision, and evaluation.
2. Implements measures to prevent errors or accidents from occurring or recurring.
3. Provides opportunities for staff to develop or enhance their skills or identified needs.
4. Participates actively in the orientation, supervision, and evaluation of hospital employees and students when necessary.
5. Develops and conducts annual skill competency pertinent to specific department.
6. Assists employees in maintaining complete and accurate in-service education records.
7. Promotes best practice, strategic plan and goals of the organization and national governing bodies (DOH, Joint Commission, HCAPS, SCIP, & CMS).
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor's degree in nursing required; MSN preferred.
Experience: Three years' clinical nursing experience preferred.
Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Washington State (DOH) Registered Nurse licensure required. American Heart Association BLS required. ACLS and PALS requirements vary by department.
Virginia Mason Memorial (VMM), part of the Virginia Mason Health System, is made up of a 226-bed hospital as well as 20+ primary care and specialty care locations. We are a nonprofit community hospital that has served Central Washington's Yakima Valley for 70 years. We are seeking employees with a passion for patients and customer service!
We offer a comprehensive benefit plan including medical, dental, and vision coverage; plus we have a generous 401K plan (with an employer contribution!), competitive compensation, an employee wellness clinic and continuing education and training. At VMM, we know the best care is provided by employees who are well-supported.
Why do we do what we do? As the region's leading health care provider and Yakima's largest employer, we believe that by inspiring people to thrive, we can transform lives. Our vision is to "create healthy communities one person at a time." With such an important goal, we work together to demonstrate our values of Respect, Accountability, Teamwork, Stewardship, and Innovation for everyone who walks through our doors, patients and coworkers alike. We would love to hear from you!
"Virginia Mason Memorial provides reasonable accommodations to assist qualified individuals in order to perform the essential duties/requirements their job requires. The description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements and serves as merely a summary rather than a complete listing of duties. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions may change as needs evolve. This job description does not constitute a contract as employment is at will."