Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
The Vanderbilt Comprehensive Care Clinic (V-CCC), a nationally-recognized HIV Center of Excellence and a Primary Care Medical Home, is located at Vanderbilt Health’s One Hundred Oaks campus. The V-CCC provides care for more than 3,000 active outpatients living with HIV from Tennessee and adjacent states. The V-CCC has on-site psychiatric, adherence counseling, social work, and nutrition services. Patients with HIV/AIDS receive quality, comprehensive HIV care, regardless of their ability to pay.
The Vanderbilt Comprehensive Care Clinic is committed to providing high-quality, affordable medical care that treats the whole patient. Our services include:
· Medical evaluation and follow-up care
· Medical case management (assistance with third-party coverage and access to medical and dental care)
· Access to screening and clinical trials
· Full-service laboratory at Vanderbilt One Hundred Oaks
· Information on savings programs for HIV medications
· Medication reconciliation and adherence counseling
· Mental health services
· Nutrition assessment and guidance
· Outreach and education (early intervention services)
· Other educational resources
· Electronic medical records
· Collaborates with the health care team to coordinate patient and family interventions across the continuum of care, removing barriers and promoting efficient and effective use of resources.
· Assists patients and families in establishing patient specific goals, both long term and short term.
· Facilitates appropriate follow up care and/or refers patients (within the designated patient population) to the appropriate next level or site of care.
· Serves in an advocacy role on behalf of patients, families, and caregivers to ensure safe, equitable healthcare provision.
· Assists in developing and meeting key Pillar outcomes and system improvement goals including financial, satisfaction, and clinical as the nursing component of the care coordination model.
· Assists in the nursing component of developing and meeting key Pillar goals including finance, satisfaction, clinical quality of care, innovation, and growth across the continuum of care.
CASE MANAGEMENT (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates mastery of case management in practical applications for complex clinical care coordination. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering results without requiring support and instruction from others. Able to train and educate by setting the example, giving instruction, providing leadership, and generally raising the level of performance of others while on the job.
RN ACCESS PATIENT EDUCATION (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates mastery of patient education in practical applications of a complex nature. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering patient and family education services without requiring support and instruction from others.
TREATMENT PLANNING (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates mastery of treatment planning and possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering treatment planning services without requiring support and instruction from others.
NURSING PATIENT ASSESSMENT & EVALUATION (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates mastery of patient assessments and evaluations in practical applications of a difficult nature. Conducts primary care patient interviews and physical examinations. Conducts inquiry with a thorough series of questions when patients state an ailment or complaint in order to accurately identify and elaborate on the problem. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to role model and coach less experienced peers.
EVIDENCE-BASED PRACTICE (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates ability to integrate evidence from multiple sources and determine if a practice change should occur. Shares knowledge with peers and other clinical team members independently.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P3):
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P3):
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P3):
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P3):
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P3):
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experiences:
· Active RN license
· Bachelor of Science in Nursing
· 3+ years of experience or the equivalent.
· HIV | Behavioral Health | Infectious Disease or related nursing experience in an outpatient setting highly desired
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· among the top 100 hospitals in the US
· one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
· grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
· among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
· 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
· Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
· Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
· among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Achieve the Remarkable
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
· Nursing Careers: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/index.html
· Benefits: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
· Our Nursing Philosophy: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/philosophy.html
· Our Nursing Leadership: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/leadership.html
· Shared Governance: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/shared-governance.html
· Education & Professional Development: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/professional-development.html
· Life In Nashville: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/nashville.html