Employee would be responsible for checking, assessing and programming with the direction of the attending physician, the patient’s Cardiac Implantable Electronic Device (pacemakers, ICD’s CRT-D’s, ILR’s) in a high volume, fast paced university teaching facility and related outreach clinics.
- Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
- Assess and reassess patients with implanted cardiac devices.
- Provides follow-up for adult and geriatric patients with implanted cardiac devices.
- Collaborates with other health care providers to assist in the adjustment of plan of care and implement changes as needed.
- Maintains a current database for device clinic patients.
- Provides care to patients of the University of Kansas Hospital and Mid-America Cardiology at various outpatient clinics.
- Knowledge and understanding of proper billing and reimbursement as it applies to implanted cardiac devices and remote monitoring.
- Assists in identifying, contacting patient, and taking appropriate follow up needed in the event of a lead or generator recall/advisory.
- Manages device clinic scheduling and Remote follow up scheduling.
- Performs additional device testing and documentation as needed for but not limited to A –V and V-V echo optimizations and clinical trials.
- Competently provides patient teaching and provides additional training/resources as needed (i.e. Remote Monitoring).
- Displays the ability to triage phone calls.
- Performs all duties and interactions with patients and staff in a way that demonstrates professionalism and leadership.
- Demonstrates population-specific competencies (e.g. age specific, cultural sensitivity, patient centered communication) in performance of role.
- Demonstrates knowledge to independently perform follow-up of permanent pacemakers, internal cardiac defibrillators, and loop recorders from various device manufacturers.
- Precise oral and written presentation skills needed to clearly convey information to patients, other medical personnel and provide feedback to and from medical device companies.
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree in science related field
- BLS and ACLS certifications
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation to various outreach clinics.
- 2 years of cardiac device experience