Demonstrates critical thinking and advance clinical skills in a given speciality. Works with surgeons to plan patient care needs through assuring equipment and supplies are available and functioning prior to the start of each procedure. Trains and mentors staff for the service. Demonstrates a committment to professional improvement and the advancement of Perioperative nursing through education, research and clinical practice. Working with the nurse manager, coordinates, implements, and evaluates changes. Works as a circulating nurse or scrub nurse. Maintains current preference cards and surgeon protocols for specialty.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
Licenses and or Certifications Required
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS card
- Current ACLS card
- Current PALS card
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas
Related Work Experoence and Job Skills
- Ability to interact with professionals in high stress situations
- Ability to scrub and circulate basic to complex procedures
- Ability to professionally and effectively coomunicate orally and in writing
- Able to solve problems which include recoginizing own limitations and referring problems to appropriate resource
- Flexible and adaptable, able to work any shift
- Knowledgeable about hospital policies, procedures, and nursing care standards and utilizes these when providing nursing care
- 2 Years RN experience
- Experience working in an acute care operating room with strong clinical expertise in selected specialties.