You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Bariatric / Metabolic Registered Nurse Program Coordinator.
You know when to move quickly. When to sit quietly. When to laugh loudly.
You know how to stay organized and move fast. You have a natural inclination for teaching, positivity, and compassion and are passionate about health and wellness.
You’re great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
Our expert team at Downtown Surgery Specialists is committed to providing quality, patient-centered care in a comfortable and compassionate environment. We use the latest technology and innovative techniques to deliver unmatched surgery services. Our services include:
- Thyroid and Parathyriod
- Reflux (GERD) and Foregut Surgery
Saint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 365-bed facility is one of the top-ranked hospitals in Denver, and has been awarded the highest national recognition possible for nursing excellence – Magnet designation – by the ANCC. We are proud to extend the mission of SCL Health by providing care for the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other. Our deep community roots date back to 1873, making us one of the oldest hospitals in Colorado.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we’ve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together we’ll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We’ll encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
We’ll laugh at each other’s jokes (even the bad ones). We’ll hello and high five. We’ll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We’re proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Bariatric / Metabolic RN Program Coordinator, you need to know how to:
- Guide and direct inpatient and outpatient weight loss surgery program for Saint Joseph Hospital.
- Oversee and support outpatient bariatric clinical staff under the direction of the bariatric medical director(s).
- Coordinate and develop education and comprehensive planning, to include clinical pathways, for weight loss surgery patients in the pre-operative, peri-operative and postoperative phases for patients and both clinical and hospital staff with a focus on patient safety. This includes, but is not limited to:
- preoperative patient clearance
- post-operative phone calls
- post-operative rounds on patients
- patient teaching
- staff education for both outpatient clinic and hospital staff
- In coordination with the medical director(s), be responsible for program development to include overall program growth through marketing, community outreach, physician outreach and patient recruitment for weight loss surgery services.
- Monitor outcomes data and collection, quality improvement initiatives, and the education of relevant staff with a focus on metabolic and bariatric surgery patient safety and outcomes in accordance with MBSAQIP guidelines.
- Manage the MBSAQIP accreditation process ensuring continuous compliance with MBSAQIP standards.
- Maintain all relevant MBSAQIP clinical pathways and protocols.
- Manage bariatric support groups.
- Serve as a liaison between the hospital and the MBSAQIP.
- Actively participate with the MBS committee and attend all required meetings per MBSAQIP guidelines.
- Report directly to the bariatric medical director(s) and Director GME Clinical Operations, and work collaboratively with the Practice Administrator of Downtown Surgery Specialists to ensure all aspects of outpatient clinical operations run smoothly and clinics are staffed appropriately.
- Work collaboratively with Kaiser Permanente and other insurers to ensure patients have seamless access to weight loss surgery services.
- Manage the auditing and monitoring of all clinical outcomes of Bariatric cases.
- Provides staff education and in-services on Bariatric related topics and MBSAQIP guidelines.
- Maintain policies & procedures as related to bariatric and weight loss surgery.
- Act as a liaison between facility and all surgeons performing metabolic and bariatric surgery.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- Current Colorado license as a Dietitian, Registered Nurse, or other related healthcare professional
- Current BLS certification endorsed by the American Heart Association
- If an RN – Current Certified Bariatric Nurse (CBN) or the ability to obtain within six (6) months of hire (with prior approval)
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience as a Coordinator of a Bariatric program as a licensed healthcare professional or Registered Dietitian
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google programs
- Full understanding and working knowledge of EPIC computer systems
- Demonstrated experience with PC software applications in word processing, such as Word and Excel
- Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Bariatric / Metabolic RN Program Coordinator on our team we hope you’ll join us. At SCL Health you’ll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.