You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Hospice Registered Nurse Quality Coordinator.
Your compassion is tangible: patients feel it in the hand they hold. Families feel it in your prayers. Colleagues feel it in your support.
You know how to stay organized and move fast. You are drawn to end-of-life care, passionately serving patients on their final journey and supporting/educating the families throughout the dying process.
You’re great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
We believe that Hospice chooses you, not the other way around. Our Hospice associates are drawn to end-of-life care, passionately serving our patients on their final journey and supporting/educating the families throughout the dying process.
We offer the right support and resources in both areas to aid in your success with us. We support you by:
- Being a part of the larger integrated SCL Health system
- Planning the orientation process around your needs
- Offering tuition reimbursement to support your career advancement
- Providing you with a fast-paced, caring and exceptional experience that you will get nowhere else
Collier Hospice Center at Lutheran Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 249-bed community-based hospital provides comprehensive, specialty care to the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other. The Collier Hospice Center is an inpatient facility offering 24 private rooms, dining and social spaces, an interfaith chapel, and bereavement support for families in one consolidated location.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we’ve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together we’ll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We’ll honor each other’s dignity and surpass the standards we set. We’ll encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
We’ll laugh at each other’s jokes (even the bad ones). We’ll hello and high five. We’ll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We’re proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Hospice RN Quality Coordinator, you need to know how to:
- Supervise, lead, role model and coordinate the activities of personnel engaged in providing excellent patient focused care & supporting physician practices through the provision of integrated, effective & innovative nursing practices & related medical services. Supervise daily staffing and productivity in assigned area/department. Assure appropriate staff assignments and schedules and seek resources as needed.
- Serve as role model, mentor, and supervisor of staff.
- Act as a leadership and clinical resource for assigned area/department. Support associates in resolving patient and unit/department issues, concerns, and complaints. Escalate issues as needed/ as warranted.
- Participate in a leadership role in performance improvement activities, new initiatives, and other unit functions. Participate in interviewing and selection of assigned personnel.
- Proactively seek opportunities to identify and implement methods to improve financial outcomes, patient care and outcomes, and associate and physician engagement.
- Perform the responsibilities of a RN, as needed.
- Demonstrate and promote exemplary service orientation to patients, members, providers, & staff.
- Oversee training of personnel and ensures orientation to policies, procedures & expectations. Ensure that the training activities incorporate all applicable policies, local, state & federal laws & regulations, & accreditation standards.
- Participate with managing associate performance, including motivating, coaching and counseling on immediate performance issues, recommending appropriate action, disciplining, and advising leadership on terminations. Support department leadership in issue/conflict resolution, developing performance improvement plans, and administering the discipline process.
- Assess & develop recommendations for new or revised general or nursing policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Partner w/ the physician leaders in creating a culture of commitment to patient focused service, excellent support of physician practices, innovation, compliance, ethics and integrity. Assist with managing staff, projects, budgets, and other related leadership activities.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- ASN / ADN from an accredited program with the ability to obtain your BSN from an accredited program within five (5) years of hire
- Current Colorado RN license or compact license with the ability to obtain Colorado RN license
- Current state of Colorado Driver’s License
- Current BLS certification endorsed by the American Heart Association
- Minimum of three (3) years of RN nursing experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Current Certified Hospice and Palliative Care Nurse (CHPN) certification
- At least one (1) year of hospice experience
- Previous supervisory/management experience
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Hospice RN Quality Coordinator on our team we hope you’ll join us. At SCL Health you’ll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.