Clinical Program Coordinators assist in the planning, implementing and direction of the respective programs that they lead. These programs include Acute Coronary Syndrome, Comprehensive Stroke Center, Congestive Heart Failure, Concussion, Epilepsy, Inpatient Rehab, Cancer Center and Neonatal Medicine programs. The emphasis is on meeting the standards of the regulatory programs which govern them as well as maintaining the organizational goals for service, people, quality, cost and growth. This position is responsible for the data management and statistical analysis needed to develop, implement, monitor and report outcomes associated with the respective programs as well as bring knowledge and evidence-based guidelines to the system and externally to the community.
- Acts as a liaison to the medical and nursing staff and advises on clinical performance variances
- Assists in the development in peer review processes for each program.
- Ensures that the standards of The Joint Commission or other regulatory or certification bodies are met and maintained.
- Facilitates cooperative and collaborative community and institutional relationships.
- Leads and coordinates the clinical activities of the assigned program and oversees the process.
- Markets and promotes new and existing programs and services to internal and external customers.
- Participates as a team member on the multidisciplinary teams that provide oversight to the program.
- Provides input to administration on the strategic plans and priorities for the program for resource allocation.
- Supports and assures the quality of care and effective functioning of the performance improvement program.
- Works collaboratively with integrated professional programs (medicine, nursing, EMS) to plan CEU educational programs based on program and community needs.
- Works to understand the workflows and care processes associated with the program goals.
- Works with the associated program Medical Director to ensure development and compliance with the program’s order sets and documented policies and procedures.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- BLS Certification
- Registered Nurse in State of Kansas
- Minimum two (2) years clinical experience
- Master's Degree in Nursing