Under the supervision of the Manager, the Supervisor assists/supports the division or unit administratively and clinically. He/she assists in supervisory planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and controlling activities. He/she assumes responsibility for the overall assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care on the unit. Is responsible for efficient day to day operations of the department and optimum use of resources to maximize productivity. Fosters an environment of collaboration and respect with physician colleagues, nurses and other healthcare team members.
- Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department
- Maintains current knowledge of and ensures compliance with all regulatory and professional standards of care which includes JCAHO, CMS, IHI, CAP, etc , instructing staff and ensuring compliance with standards through daily on-going monitoring and performance management.
- Operational Performance - Develops, prepares and monitors the personnel staffing schedules short and long term, supply and equipment budgets in collaboration with the staff and support department directors, to include applicable quality and throughput metrics.
- Collaborates with the Nurse Manager, Director and Physician leadership to establish patient care standards and evaluates staff compliance. Serves as a mentor for excellence in clinical practice and patient and employee satisfaction.
- Maintains a safe and caring environment for patients that is conducive to positive health teaching and maintenance, meeting patient and family expectations for care while implementing mechanisms to ensure culturally specific care. Responds to patient and family concerns or complaints with sensitivity and compassion in a timely fashion.
- Uses findings from patient and staff satisfaction surveys and complaints to plan and improve patient care using active mentoring and performance management strategies.
- Assists with hiring, education and performance evaluation of the staff. Works with the Nurse Manager and Human Resources in performance management counseling and discipline of staff.
- Creates and maintains a supportive work environment for the entire team. Creates and maintains an atmosphere of respect and courtesy toward patients, staff and colleagues.
- Makes recommendations and provides opportunities for growth and development of personnel and arranges for appropriate education and training of staff.
- Maintains clinical relevance, demonstrating self-development by keeping current on a variety of clinical, management and health care topics.
- Promotes a level of professionalism on the unit, both in culture and appearance. Motivates academic pursuit and continuing education on the part of the staff by establishing and meeting service based certification goals.
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
- ADN in process of completing the BSN
- Patient Placement Department will accept ADN without requirement to obtain BSN
- BLS,ACLS, TNCC, PALS as indicated by clinical area
- Registered Nurse in State of KS
- 3 years of applicable nursing experience
- Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing
- Master’s of Science in Nursing
- Previous supervisory experience