· Supports the licensed healthcare team members in the provision of patient care to include direct patient care, providing healthcare information to patients/families, and following established plan of care
· Works in close collaboration with the RN or a licensed healthcare team member to evaluate the patient's plan of care and progress toward goal attainment
· All patient care activities are undertaken with the delegation/supervision of a licensed professional in accordance with VUMC standards and licensure regulations
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experiences:
· Active LPN license
· Graduate of an approved discipline specific program and 1 year of experience or the equivalent.
· Nursing experience in an outpatient setting highly desired
· Nursing experience in Asthma, Sinus, Allergy, ENT, or related discipline highly desired
Department | Unit Summary:
Welcome to Vanderbilt Asthma, Sinus and Allergy Program (ASAP):
We are the first multi-specialty program in the country dedicated to treating airway diseases. If you have asthma, allergy or sinus problems, we offer total care including testing, treatment, resolution and management — all under one roof.
If you need relief from allergy, sinus or asthma issues, we can help you feel better fast. Vanderbilt is the first multi-specialty program in the country dedicated to the evaluation, treatment, and management of airway diseases. Patients have access to a total care system that encompasses evaluation, treatment, resolution, and management.
Allergies can prevent you from enjoying food, nature and pets. They can also make it hard to use many household products. We offer complete care to help you manage your allergies.
Sinus issues can cause trouble breathing, headaches or swelling in your face. We can help you find sinus relief.
Uncontrolled asthma can prevent you from being active and enjoying life. We can test, diagnose and treat your asthma, often in just one visit.
Our main office location is on West End Avenue next to Vanderbilt University and where the position is available. Additional locations are in Brentwood and Franklin, offer complete services, and include free onsite parking. We also are opening other clinics in Gallatin and Lebanon.
Travel to other clinics may be required as business dictates.
Shift Hours (West End Location):
Monday – Thursday 7:30 a.m.– 4:30 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m.– 12:00 p.m.
Monday – Friday; Days
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center’s mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Achieve the Remarkable:
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
· Nursing Careers: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/index.html
· Benefits: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
· Our Nursing Philosophy: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/philosophy.html
· Our Nursing Leadership: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/leadership.html
· Shared Governance: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/shared-governance.html
· Education & Professional Development: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/professional-development.html
· Life In Nashville: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/nashville.html
keywords: LPN, Licensed Practical Nurse, Specialty Clinics, Asthma, Sinus, Allergy, ENT, day shift.