Relocation assistance available per UVA Medical Center policy. Please contact Emily Sergovic at 434-243-1576 or firstname.lastname@example.org
for additional information.
This is an opportunity to work with a well-trained, highly engaged Cardiovascular team.
4 Central is a 14 bed adult acute and intermediate care unit; 8 beds are acute care & 6 are intermediate/progressive
care vascular beds.
RN-to-patient ratios: acute 1:4; intermediate 1:3.
Vascular intermediate patients include carotid endarterectomies, TPA infusions, aorto-bi-femoral bypass, iliac subclavian bypass, vascular patient triages from the TCVICU post- surgery. These patients may have invasive monitoring with arterial lines and arterial/venous sheaths. Acute care includes vascular surgery acute as well as provides care to Pre & Post Procedural acute cardiology patients: CHF, cardiac catheterization (diagnostic & intervention), Electrophysiology procedures (ablations, pacemaker insertions, ICD placement), Angiography patients. IV infusions include: Heparin, Insulin, Amiodarone, Antihypertensives & Milrinone.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Relationship Based Care reflects the influence of the nurse’s relationship with self, colleagues and patient/family on the patient experience. Relationship with Self and Colleagues. Relationship Based Care: reflects the influence of the nurse’s relationship with self, colleagues and patient/family on the patient experience. Relationship with Patients and Families
- Expert Caring encompasses clinical assessment, planning, prioritizing, coordinating and implementation of care.
- Empowered Leaders demonstrate knowledge of and actively participate in shared governance.
- Lifelong Learners encompasses professional development through formal education, professional certification, internal and external learning opportunities and recognizes the value of external professional organizations. Supports onboarding of new team members and precepts as applicable.
- Quality Achievement includes adherence to clinical documentation guidelines, comprehension of outcomes data, engagement in performance improvement activities and commitment to standard work.
- Innovation is demonstrated by application of technologies that support patient care, actively seeking to implement evidence based practice and new knowledge generated by nursing research.
Position Compensation Range: $26.22 - $43.40 Hourly
- Education: Graduate of accredited nursing program, Bachelor of Science in Nursing required within 5 years of hire.
- Experience: 1 year of relevant experience.
- License/Certification: Licensed to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
This position qualifies for the UVA Medical Center Clinical Ladder. The salary range reflected in this job posting is for an RN Clinician 2. Additional compensation is available if you are hired into a higher level on the Clinical Ladder. Those hired as either a Clinician 3 or Clinician 4 must have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree and possess a specialty certification from a national certifying organization and meet applicable Career Ladder Behaviors. Placement on the clinical ladder will be discussed during the recruitment process. Current team members already working as RN Clinician 3 or 4 who wish to transfer to another department will have their level on the clinical ladder reviewed by the hiring manager and the PNSO if applicable.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.