The Home Health RN, is an experienced, capable clinician, focused on expanding knowledge and skills. Consistently provides effective direct care to patients in their homes for an assigned caseload of patients; as part of the interdisciplinary team; oversees the care planning and care coordination for a variety of complex patients. Manages care and implements treatment plans at a refined skill level in collaboration with patients, their families, physicians and other members of the health care team and in compliance with home care standards and regulatory requirements. Seeks as well as provides feedback for improved clinical practice. Assumes a beginning leadership role but seeks mentoring in this process.
- Assesses the physical psychological social and cultural dimensions of patients according to professional practice standards and institutional policy/procedure.
- Organizes coordinates and prioritizes nursing care activities considering the needs of the patient.
- Implements patient population specific interventions based on individual patient needs.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care and care coordination progressing patients toward desired outcomes.
- Develops and implements patient/caregiver teaching plan based on identified health education needs and the condition and age of the patient.
- Provides for a safe environment and safe delivery of care.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development of self and contributes to and assists with the professional development of others.
- Demonstrates leadership in the delivery of patient care.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Position Compensation Range: $25.80 - $30.96 Hourly
Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program required, Bachelor of Science in Nursing required within 5 years of hire.
Experience: 1 year of Relevant Experience
Licensure: Licensed to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia required. Valid Virginia Driver’s License required. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
Job may require sitting for prolonged periods, frequently standing, walking, bending/stooping. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 20 - 50lbs. May be exposed to chemicals, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
This position is compensated with pay per visit. Non benefited.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System and the University Physician’s Group are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.