- Do you have an unquenchable thirst for discovering new ways to care for patients?
- Do you perform well in changing environments? Can you change priorities at anytime?
- Do you have the courage to lead others in times of uncertainty?
The Quality Outcomes Data Abstractor performs accurate data collection from the legal medical record for use in quality/performance initiatives of the Health system. You will be responsible for submitting regulatory requirements and reporting of quality metrics as required by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid, The Joint Commission, and other National registries. You will need to be detail oriented, responsible for meeting submission deadlines, and perform follow-up data collection as assigned. You are providing real-time education along with data abstraction to nurses, so having a strong clinical background is vital to this role!
You will be traveling to our different campuses across the state of Kansas - which would include our KC metro locations, Great Bend, Hays, Larned, Topeka, Wichita, and more!
- Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned department.
- Review Medical records and other source documents and collect clinical data according to specification and guidelines of quality registries and quality measures.
- Accurately enter data into abstraction software using various software applications
- Maintain security and confidentiality of medical records and Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Consistently meet or exceed productivity and accuracy standards established by the department for abstraction of data.
- Analyze outcomes and performance metrics with the goal of improving patient care and outcomes.
- Assists with program development.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medical terminology and medical record format. Knowledge of basic anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology is desirable. Knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is desirable.
- Facilitates cooperative and collaborative community and institutional relationships.
- Collects comprehensive, accurate data relating to patients by abstracting all trajectories of care
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Uses good judgment to prioritize daily operations and complete assignments and change tasks when necessary to meet reporting deadlines and/or internal requests
*Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
*Note: These statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Skills and duties may vary dependent upon your department or unit. Other duties may be assigned as required.
Registered Nurse in State of Kansas
Experience with data management systems and familiarity with clinical data analysis and reporting.
Minimum two (2) years clinical experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing