The Radiology Nurse provides professional nursing care through assessment, diagnosis, planning,
implementation and evaluation for the comfort and well-being of patients. Carries out a plan of care specific to
unit competencies for the target patient population. Coordinates care delivery through collaboration with all
health care team providers to ensure safe, effective and quality patient care.
1) Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
2) Complete comprehensive patient assessment specific to clinical area/unit.
3) Delegates tasks appropriately within scope of practice to ancillary personnel and performs the necessary follow up.
4) Demonstrates critical thinking and time management in patient care. Responds appropriately to emergencies.
5) Demonstrates good time management and prioritization skills.
6) Documents all aspects of care thoroughly per hospital policy.
7) Follows organizational policies in providing safe patient care at all times (med admin, handoffs, etc.).
8) Integrates patient and family teaching in daily routine in identification of expected outcomes and goals.
9) Participates in department quality improvement efforts.
10) Under the direction of a physician, performs moderate and deep sedation on patients and conducts appropriate monitoring, assessments, interventions, and documentation as required by policy. Ensures appropriate recovery of all patients per hospital policy.
• Associate's Degree in Nursing (or higher degree)
• Must complete BSN within five years of hire as RN
• Registered Nurse in State of Kansas o
• BLS Certification
• 2+ years experience as a Clinical Nurse
• BSN degree
• CCRN Certification
• CEN Certification
• CRN Certification
• PALS Certification
• TNCC Certification