RN – Acute Care of the Elderly Unit
Part-time (1 shift/week), nights
You will apply the nursing process to plan and implement the care of patients, including patient and family education and continuum of care planning. Effectively communicate pertinent patient/family information to the health care team. Collaborate in establishing patient goals and evaluates progress to ensure effective outcomes. Further your professional growth by engaging in learning activities according to the Board of Nursing standards. For more information regarding the physical requirements and environmental conditions for this job, please click here.
· Graduate of an approved Nursing Program (BSN preferred)
· Active Tennessee RN license
· 6 months of RN experience
· The ACE Unit, located in Medical Center North at Vanderbilt
University Medical Center, is fast-paced and focused on acute medicine.
Acute Care of the Elderly is the specialty of this 22 bed unit, which
cares for patients 65 years of age and older.
· The mission of the ACE Unit is to provide compassionate, quality care
that is respectful, patient/family-centered, safe, and cost efficient.
Our nurses are able to utilize evidence-based guidelines and specialized
gerontology nursing education in caring for the patients on the ACE Unit.
The staff experiences the professional satisfaction that comes with
making a difference every day for their patients and families, while expanding
their critical care knowledge base and applying critical thinking skills to
understand and intervene in the care of their patients.
Our population of patients may include patients with any number of co-morbidities, including neurological, respiratory, cardiac, gastrointestinal, renal and endocrine medical conditions.
· All beds are appropriate for telemetry and sp02 monitoring.
Management structure of the Ace Unit consists of the Unit Manager and 3 Clinical Staff Leaders and Nurse Educator. Each Clinical Staff Leader is responsible for 18-20 staff.
The staff is composed of RN’s, Care Partners and Medical Receptionists.
RN assignments are determined by patient census and acuity. Normal RN ratios are 5:1.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center’s mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Achieve the Remarkable:
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
· Nursing Careers: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/index.html
· Benefits: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
· Our Nursing Philosophy: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/philosophy.html
· Our Nursing Leadership: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/leadership.html
· Shared Governance: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/shared-governance.html
· Education & Professional Development: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/professional-development.html
· Life In Nashville: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/nashville.html