The Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) is a licensed registered professional nurse who is a clinical expert and mactively promotes the delivery of evidence-based nursing interventions. Has expertise in one or more specialty nursing areas and/or with specific patient populations. Is often a liaison between inpatient and
1) Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
2) Actively participates in quality improvement initiatives, utilizing information from relevant sources, such as databases and benchmarks.
3) Applies principles of teaching/learning and health literacy to design, provide and evaluate patient and health care provider education.
4) Collaborates effectively with team members and other disciplines.
5) Demonstrates leadership through participating in hospital committees, councils and taskforces.
6) Develops skills for effective communications and team building.
7) Employs strategies to promote health in a safe environment.
8) Implements and evaluates evidence-based nursing interventions.
9) Incorporate ethical principles into healthcare planning and delivery.
10) Promotes efficient delivery of patient care throughout the healthcare system.
11) Seeks opportunities to share expertise and mentor others.
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Nursing required
Registered Nurse in State of Kansas and/or Missouri (depending on work location) required
Minimum of two years RN experience required