Research Nurse Specialist III (Anesthesiology )
· JOB SUMMARY:Under the guidance and supervision of the Principal Investigator, the Research Nurse Specialist III (RNS III) is responsible for assuring that the integrity and quality of the clinical research trial is maintained and that the trial is conducted in accordance with Good Clinical Practice Guidelines, federal and sponsor regulations and guidelines and Vanderbilt Policy and Procedure. The RNS III independently plans and implements recruitment procedures for potential participants, manages enrollment of the trial from screening to randomization to study completion, evaluates clinical data, ensures compliance with protocols and overall clinical objectives, serves as a resource for inquiries on study projects, manages study-related procedures as required by the protocol and maintains communication with the sponsor, IRB, DSMB and other research related entities.
· Graduate of an approved discipline specific program (or equivalent experience) and 5 years experience
Registered Nurse Required
· Day Shift/Exempt Position
· The Department of Anesthesiology at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine has a long tradition of innovation. This creative impulse has kept the Vanderbilt Anesthesiology Department in the vanguard of clinical discovery, basic science research, and translational application of new knowledge throughout perioperative medicine.
Vanderbilt Anesthesiology has the intellectual agility to maintain equilibrium and thrive in this unstable environment. We get the right people onto the team, create the right systems of practice to provide optimum patient care, and develop innovative technology to improve the capabilities of our clinicians. We train the future leaders of perioperative medicine in research, clinical innovation and patient care, and we put those skills into practice every day. Our department is characterized by optimism, excitement, talent, and a commitment to work together to improve our knowledge and the care we provide to our patients.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· among the top 100 hospitals in the US
· one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
· grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
· among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
· 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
· Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
· Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
· among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US