Full-time Assistant Nurse Manager for Surgical Services - Admin working from 7:00am - 3:00pm, including every other weekend.
Essential Job Function:
• Creates a working environment that promotes positive employee engagement, adherence to company policies, effective communications, collaboration, innovation, optimal productivity and continuous learning.
• Assures that systems are in place to ensure appropriate resources and competent staff
• Must have experience with Staff evaluations and oversight of staff
• Quality initiatives and action plans auditing experience
• Must be able to creating staff schedules
• Focuses staff on continuously building customer satisfaction for patients, physicians, colleagues, the community and other departments served. Engages staff in continually raising the bar in service excellence
• Assures that implementation of standards of professional practice (ASPAN)occurs, reviewing and revising according to policy or as necessary to reflect changes in practice and to ensure safe, effective and efficient patient care. .
• Ensures compliance with local, state, federal rules and regulations and OSHA and JCAHO standards. Consistently, with others, evaluates core processes for redesign opportunities to improve operations, reduce cost, reduce cycle time, enhance and improve performance
• Valid New Jersey Nursing License required.
• Current BLS certification required.
• Current BLS, PALS and ACLS certification required.
• Minimum of 5 years RN experience. Preferably in a episodic care environment; specifically PACU and Pre/Post operative care
• Minimum of 2 years leadership experience required.