Reporting to the Practice Coordinator, 5Main Telemetry, this position is responsible for the entire admission process for a designated patient population. The Registered Nurse (Level I, II, III or IV) is responsible for coordinating and delivering patient care utilizing the nursing process. The Registered Nurse, after appropriate educational preparation, is capable of expanding the scope of practice in general or specialty areas of nursing. The criteria and specific job duties of the three levels are defined by each department area specific criteria.
1. Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California is required.
2. Current American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Provider CPR card is required.
3. Valid Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification is required within one year of hire into position.
4. Special skills required of the Registered Nurse include the ability to communicate effectively with patients, family, and health care personnel.
5. BSN, PCCN and/or CCRN are preferred.