SUMMARY Reporting to the Manager, Care Coordination & Social Services, Social Services, this position coordinates care and service for defined patient populations across the acute care continuum. This includes discharge planning, utilization management, care coordination, and support for resource utilization. This position works collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team to improve patient care through the effective utilization of the facility's resources. In achieving these goals, the incumbent will assume a leadership role in achieving desired clinical, financial, and resource utilization outcomes.
1. High school diploma or equivalent is required. A degree from an accredited baccalaureate nursing program is preferred.
2. Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of California is required.
3. Current American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Provider CPR card is required.
4. CCM national certification is preferred.
5. Experience with two (2) areas of clinical specialty is preferred.
6. Excellent communication skills, critical thinking, creative problem-solving skills, and competent organizational and planning skills are required.
7. The incumbent must be self-directed and able to tolerate frequent interruptions with a demanding workload.
8. Knowledge regarding hospital protocol and procedures, clinical standards and outcomes, funding options, familiarity with community resources and outside professional agencies, familiarity with federal and state regulations governing hospital and home care, as well as understanding of the financial structure of the health plan and delivery system is preferred.