Reporting to the Practice Director, Administration, this position, in collaboration with the members of the various multidisciplinary Care Teams, will provide high level over sight to all elements of the bariatric program from community seminars to clinic setting and presetting educational requirements to the surgical experience within the hospital and post-discharge follow up. This individual must have a keen understanding of the Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery Accreditation (MBSA) requirements in order to obtain and maintain this center of excellence designation.
1. Bachelor's degree is required.
2. Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California is required.
3. Current American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Provider CPR card is required.
4. Five (5) years' experience as an RN is required, Bariatric experience is preferred.
5. The ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, and health care personnel, ability to direct and evaluate nursing personnel, and ability to effectively steward resources related to the specialty area is required.
6. Strong computer skills are required. Experience with Microsoft Office and data base entry is required.
7. Completion of the Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery Clinical Review (MBSCR) Online Training Program is preferred.