Reporting to the Director, Clinical Development & Professional Practice, Nursing Service Admin, the Clinical Educator/Consultant (CE) practice is to support the provision of quality health care practice environments in alignment with the ANA Scope of Practice for Nursing Professional Development role. The CE provides staff development expertise as an educator, consultant, facilitator, change agent, leader, and researcher. The CE supports the development of the bedside nurse and clinical support staff, and fosters empowerment through knowledge to achieve excellence through the delivery of evidence-based nursing practice. This occurs through the facilitation of the educational process through assessment, development, planning, implementation, and evaluation of competency assessment, continuing education, and leadership development. In addition, as a role model of professional behavior, the CE is instrumental in creating a healthy, professional environment within his or her service line to meet the needs of the diverse units within the nursing division and the global needs of the medical center.
1. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is required. Master of Science of Nursing (MSN) or other applicable Master's Degree is preferred.
2. Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California is required.
3. Minimum of three to five years of specialty experience in the designated clinical area is required.
4. National certification in area of specialty within 18 months of hire is required.
5. Knowledge of adult learning principles and previous experience coordinating/teaching education programs is required.
6. Current American Heart Association (AHA) Healthcare Provider CPR card is required.
7. ACLS/NRP (where applicable) is required.
8. Excellent interpersonal communication skills, teaching abilities, problem solving and ability to navigate constant ambiguity and change are required.