You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as an Oncology Chemotherapy Infusion Registered Nurse.
Your compassion is tangible: patients feel it in the hand they hold. Families feel it in your prayers. Colleagues feel it in your support.
You know when to move quickly. When to sit quietly. When to laugh loudly.
You’re great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
Our Oncology Chemotherapy Infusion unit compassionately cares for cancer patients who are receiving chemotherapy through infusion (IV) therapy, where therapies and medications are administered directly into our patients’ bloodstreams. We are proud to be an accredited Chest Pain Center with an advanced telemetry monitoring system, a Primary Stroke Center, and a Level III Trauma Center.
is a partner of SCL Health which is a nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 98-bed community hospital is proud to offer comprehensive, integrated care focused on holistic health. We are proud to extend the mission of SCL Health by providing care for the poor, the vulnerable, our communities and each other.
are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we’ve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together we’ll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We’ll honor each other’s dignity and surpass the standards we set. We’ll encourage joy, demand safety and take pride in our integrity.
We’ll laugh at each other’s jokes (even the bad ones). We’ll hello and high five. We’ll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We’re proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As an Oncology Chemo Infusion RN you need to know how to:
· Recognize and address patients’ psychological and physical needs
· Foster continuity and quality of care with the best interest and well-being of patients and their families in mind
· Assess a patients’ medical status upon admission
· Assist in developing individualized treatment plans
· Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines
· Oversee care delivered by LPNs and/or CNAs
· Participate in clinical team conferences
· Continually expand your knowledge
· Help improve our facility and safety programs
· Follow hospital, regulatory and professional guidelines, policies and procedures
· Communicate compassionately and effectively
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
· ASN / ADN from an accredited program with the ability to obtain your BSN from an accredited program within four (4) years of hire unless you possess a minimum of fifteen (15) years of proven continuous Registered Nurse experience in an acute care setting, required
· Current Colorado RN license or ability to obtain, required
· Current BLS certification, required
· At least one (1) year of nursing experience in a comparable setting, highly preferred
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being an Oncology Chemo Infusion RN on our team we hope you’ll join us. At SCL Health you’ll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.