Under the general supervision of the Clinical Coordinator, the Charge nurse is responsible for the day-to-day coordination, assignment, and supervision of nursing activities performed by their designated team, Registered Nurses, C.N.A.s, and sitters. The CN partners with the interdisciplinary team to coordinate and ensure the delivery of safe patient care, appropriate patient placement, discharge planning, and care partner support. The CN maintains timely systems entry and updates in accordance with established standards (Teletracking, iSchedule ADC, Acuity Plus, etc.) The CN monitors care delivery to ensure quality, appropriateness, timeliness, and effectiveness of the care rendered.
- Daily staff assignment
- Coordinates and leads daily Care Team Rounds to include timely preparedness, RN assignment, documentation, and afternoon check-in with the Case Manager.
- Participate in every patient discharge conference/huddle
- Support staff with admissions, transfers, and discharges as needed
- Complete accident/incident reports as needed
- Make frequent rounds of the floor/shift to ensure safe work assignments in accordance with nursing standards
- Inform nursing team of new admissions, expected time of arrival, room assignment, and room readiness
- Round with physicians and providers as necessary.