McLean Hospital is a comprehensive psychiatric hospital committed to providing easy access to superior quality, cost-effective mental health services in the Boston area, Massachusetts and beyond. Since 1811, McLean Hospital has been a world leader in the treatment of mental illness and chemical dependency, research into the cause of mental illness and the training of generations of mental health care providers. McLean's multidisciplinary programs treat a broad range of psychiatric illnesses across the full continuum of care.
Utilizing the nursing process, responsibility for providing for immediate and long-term nursing care needs of patients within the standards of the department, hospital and regulatory agencies.
- Accurately assesses patients’ needs
- Accurately plans nursing interventions for assigned patients.
- Provides and implements nursing care interventions
- Accurately evaluates the effectiveness of nursing care interventions
- Provides a leadership role in organizing and providing patient care
- Provides for teaching needs of patient and significant others
- Maintains a commitment to professional growth and competency
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal communication
- Contributes to the productivity and cost-effectiveness of the hospital, department, and unit
All McLean team members are expected to consistently demonstrate our values of integrity, compassion, respect, diversity, teamwork, excellence and innovation in their work activities and interactions.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, BSN preferred
- Experience: No experience required, one year medical/psychiatric experience preferred
- License: Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
All employees must possess basic computer skills to use a variety of electronic or online systems for communication, clinical and administrative purposes.
Required to complete electronic medical records training and demonstrate 80% accuracy on competency test within 30 days of hire.
It is the policy of McLean Hospital to affirmatively provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment and existing employees without regard to their race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, ancestry, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or a condition related to pregnancy including, but not limited to, lactation or the need to express breast milk for a nursing child, or any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable law or regulation.
MCL McLean Hospital Main Campus
115 Mill Street